What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transistors on Coin Board DE 520-5037-01

fyka

Registered
Hi All,
I'm a old school electronics engineer and absolutely addicted now to repairing Pinballs, it's all the type of electrics I grew up with before it all went SMD and soldering rework using overgown hairdryers and expensive oven hobs. Where reflowing a BGA is equivalent to winning the lottery...

Anyway where I'm at is; has anyone got a Data East coin board (520-5037-01) they can give me the transistor part codes please, looking at the circuit they provide the switching from the coin mech from the strobed switch matix (plus there's a stabilised 12v supply and reject circuit for mech), the board i have has them all de-soldered... I could have a go at working it backwards from the drive current and guessing NPN, but life's too short and there's lots of transistors in a TO-92 case style.

Also if anyone's got a wiring loom would be awesome for a C220 to coin mech (15way), and then loom from PF to Coin Interface board, I'm just about to make one up (once I buy five of every socket as that seems to be the MOQ) but if there's one out there it saves me a bit of time and a lot of spares :) At the moment there is very much a fresh air gap and plenty of bits missing off the door.
It's a Star Wars Data East that I've resurrected from all sorts of issues, so I'd really like to get it back to full operation (also my kids can help pay for the repairs, by paying to play :))

The door interlock/bent bracket is missing, looks like it was never there on the door I have to push the memory button. Not sure what effect this would have on the game as it doesn't seem to change anything.

Grateful for any help with the above.

Thanks,
Matt

Star Wars bare coin door.jpeg

Here's a pic. 2N3904.

I have some NOS ones @ £6 each. ?

Dave

Attachments

• 15360717660751521392257.jpg
    15360717660751521392257.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 11
Hi Dave, thank for the splendid offer but I've just grabbed 25 of the little scamps from the parts store for less than the cost of a fancy coffee. :)

However I'd be happy to sell you some for an absolute bargain of £2 each :D
(I also sent you an email, about grabbing some more LEDs as I can't find that red one that escaped for the life of me)

Ta,
Matt

Back
Top Bottom