What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planning first pin... final phase

My last trip to the Nurburgring left me paying 1600EU for my friend who departed his bike on the track and forced it to close for 30 minutes. We got him and the bike home in the end and no one ended out of pocket.

My sport bike riding days have slowed down since I got a slipped disc and the kid came, two fast bikes in the garage but getting out on them is getting harder.
I sold my modified car a few years ago to buy an estate car for the family, life feels a lot slower now.

My last trip to the Nurburgring left me paying 1600EU for my friend who departed his bike on the track and forced it to close for 30 minutes. We got him and the bike home in the end and no one ended out of pocket.

My sport bike riding days have slowed down since I got a slipped disc and the kid came, two fast bikes in the garage but getting out on them is getting harder.
I sold my modified car a few years ago to buy an estate car for the family, life feels a lot slower now.
Yep, I've got herniated disc also..... I've got bar risers which help a bit ....
Jeez, when that disc slips, i'm screwed for 6-8 weeks, happens to me once or twice a year!!
I was supposed to discuss surgery options with a neurosurgeon prior to Covid. They did their level best to put me off surgey, offering some big periodic jag in the ar*e (i think) combined with physio :)

My last trip into London the week before lockdown was a spinal block and rehab was then cancelled.

The S1000XR is very upright and so comfortable enough but lacks the sharp cornering feel. The 2001 R1 is sublime but is just too painful.

My last trip into London the week before lockdown was a spinal block and rehab was then cancelled.

The S1000XR is very upright and so comfortable enough but lacks the sharp cornering feel. The 2001 R1 is sublime but is just too painful.
Yep- S1000XR - one of my mates had one, he’s really good on a bike. Same guy that goes to the ring. Embarrassed loads of guys in the Inters group at Croft on one of those. He was riding it like the Beamer 1000rr.
Older R1 and Gixxers are better 👍

Never ridden an R1 but I used to commute to work on an R6 during the summer down the A53 (which is notoriously one of the most dangerous UK roads). My main complaint was always arriving at work with wrists that were incapable of moving a computer mouse in any controlled way for at least an hour. Good fun though. Painful definitely.

I use to commute into London on the R1 and agree, it took a while to unfold and get the vibrations out of my hands. 175kg and 150 BHP, not much larger than the R6 but with so much grunt. The current R6 weighs more. Bikes just got bigger after 2002 with all the tech aids.
The S1000XR has ABS, traction control, bank angle braking balance. It even has a quick shift gear box that rev matches, you pin the throttle open and tab the gears. When you are bored, you can put the cruise control on and smoke a pipe whilst warming your hands on the heated grips.
Looking for the pictures of my track days on my old fireblade but can’t find them. Or the Nurburgring trips.

Yep- S1000XR - one of my mates had one, he’s really good on a bike. Same guy that goes to the ring. Embarrassed loads of guys in the Inters group at Croft on one of those. He was riding it like the Beamer 1000rr.
Older R1 and Gixxers are better [emoji106]

They had a guy at the launch showing how competent it was compared to the RR. It just takes a bit of commitment in the corners as the bars feel a bit vague. The R1 has no aids and hates you but get it right and it is immense. And then it will try again to kill you, or rotate around the rear wheel.

You can rely too heavily on all the electronic wizardry these days.
Auto blippers, up+down clutch-less shifting, slippers, ABS, cruise, multi level traction control modes etc.......
Then you go on the track with a bike with zero aids - like my old Ducati 749 - forget what gear your in.....come up to a bend really hot, down shift, forget you don’t have a slipper clutch and the rear wheel hops all over the damn place - **** yourself 😂

Haha, yeah, been there and pulling the clutch back in isn’t going to save the corner in time so go with the rodeo.
I think that is the reason the R1 stays, it is pure and real, doesn’t massage your ego.

Good afternoon All,

I might create a new thread as I lost this one to a discussion about track days but will see what happens....

I have been subject to what feels like the most painful house purchase ever but think it will finally happen within the next 2-3 weeks which will mean I can finally purchase that first pin.

I've created shortlist after shortlist and participated in months of research which I had hoped would narrow the list to 1. I know this isn't how it works and it depends what's available at the time so here's where I am up too.

I will either purchase NIB or something in near mint condition to limit the possibility of issues due to lack of knowledge on fixing and here's my list.

MB remake - availability unknown to me
AFM remake - same as above
MM remake - not available
The Sopranos - £3.5k?
RBION - £2.5k?
GB pro - £5k?
Spiderman Vault - £4.5k?
Deadpool pro - availability unknown to me

Please correct me on any prices as this is what I think I will have to pay for machines in tip top condition.

I am always welcome to other suggestions but note that i am not interested in any of the music band machines or Star Trek.

Also if anyone is looking to move on any of the listed machines in a few weeks, please let me know.

Thanks v much

Last edited:
It might be worth you contacting @philpalmer at Pinball Heaven if considering NIB.

According to their website, they posted on social media 4 days ago:
"Container leaving USA today. Hot Wheels, Willy Wonka LE, MM, AFM, MB"

So that looks like they'll have your first 3 available NIB.

It might be worth you contacting @philpalmer at Pinball Heaven if considering NIB.

According to their website, they posted on social media 4 days ago:
"Container leaving USA today. Hot Wheels, Willy Wonka LE, MM, AFM, MB"

So that looks like they'll have your first 3 available NIB.
Amazing!! Thanks for the heads up.

I think that they might be allocated already but will check soon.... unless Phil see's this post and confirms beforehand.

Just my input....... but if going for a GB and willing to spend 5.5k then i'd pay a bit extra and go Premium for the additional features.

Just my input....... but if going for a GB and willing to spend 5.5k then i'd pay a bit extra and go Premium for the additional features.
I hear very mixed opinions on GB premium so hadn't considered it. I remember playing it and wishing it didn't have the magnets. Also just realised I put the wrong price against GB so amended my previous post.

If I could get one of the CGC remakes at a good price, it would be easy! The MM LE that went up for sale today is just a little too much for me to get away with although not sure what the classic edition goes for...... I really am indecisive!! o_O

Phil at Pinball Heaven might have a standard CGC MB or AFM in stock. Think they're about a grand less than that MMRLE

Unsure what availability is now but looking at the specs below, SE or RE for the better display.
The Royal Edition would be fabulous.

Screen Shot 09-22-20 at 05.05 PM.PNG

I might get in touch with Phil at pinball heaven, saw a post from a few months back saying about a discount for forum members on MB. Only thing stopping me is the possibility of one of my other choices becoming available (much cheaper and more sensible on wallet).

I don’t think there are any more mm of any model now left till cgc decide to do another run sometime in the future
Mm was always more than mb and afm so It definitely wouldn’t be £6500 more like £8500

Back
Top Bottom