What's new

tournament software - home use

ianw

Site Supporter
Alias
cityexile
Hi guys

I have 20 10/11 year old boys to my sons birthday party at home. Pinball and pizza. Looking to run individual tournament over 6 machines then team games...anyone devised anything for home use. Would prefer to use a computer instead of wall chart, even a clever spreadsheet could do.

thanks in advance

ian

Play something else like Pin Golf its more fun and should hold there attention for a little longer.

You set a target score on each machine, then the number of balls it takes to reach it is the number of 'strokes' for the 'hole'.

Person with least strokes wins.

Not just score its setting tasks to complete in the less number of balls. Like getting 5000 souls on LOTR path of the dead, or 600 lamp spins on TOTAN , or Suffer the Children on Spiderman, or Mine cart mode on Indy Jones.
You get the picture.

doesn't have to be a score, in fact better not as a score but a mission.

eg on Creech spell MILF
on BSD beat 3rd video mode
on AFM get strobe multiball EB
on (insert older game name) go ding ding drain

So they keep playing, restarting game, counting total balls, until target achieved?
Btw... Think only seen cart video mode a few times since owned....assumed modes where random unless missing something :(

on some machines, some DE machines, you can get 5 and 6 player games. to get a 5 player game you have to press the button three times then two times. for 6 players you need to press it once, then twice, then three times

Another mystery solved.

Also, if it's enabled in the operator menu, with the ball in the shooter lane, you can restart the game by holding the start button in (obviously don't do that where money is involved as it costs a credit).

So they keep playing, restarting game, counting total balls, until target achieved?
Btw... Think only seen cart video mode a few times since owned....assumed modes where random unless missing something :(

Modes should be flashing in the centre of the playfield, above Indy's head. Once you have finished playing the mode, the light should remain lit. You can move the flashing light by the ball passing through either ramp unless you are currently running a mode. If you don't get flashing or lit mode lights, there is a massive light board underneath that might not be connected. It would also effect the lamps on the ADVENTURE targets.

Another mystery solved.

Also, if it's enabled in the operator menu, with the ball in the shooter lane, you can restart the game by holding the start button in (obviously don't do that where money is involved as it costs a credit).
I am very guilty of abusing this quick restart, have it turned on for all my pins! :(

Been away for a while so not had chance to up date. Party went well, put the spreadsheet based scoring on the big screen, my son was a little disappointed to come second to his best friend, but medals award to all !!
Might use software again for a 'big' boys night next, may be with drinking side challenges :)

Dan Party 2013.jpg

I am very guilty of abusing this quick restart, have it turned on for all my pins! :(
Some Pins have problem with that, for example in ST:TNG the ball is plunged straight away with Start Mission skill shot ;/ Pins with Standard-Classic Plungers are Ok though

Back
Top Bottom