What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

totan playfield restoration completion pics

chris platt

Registered
just a few pics to show a totan ive just completed...excuse the bad pics and the fact ive no before pics but all the areas shown were down to the bare wood..,,,,,,,,the white stuff is the buffing compound still covering the playfield and the inserts ,but this will clean off ...its impossible to sort all the issues out.especially some inserts,its a case of getting the best results possible but compared to what i got its gleaming and ready to go back to jamie to complete the hardware...jamie may have some before pics

Attachments

• DSCN2216.JPG
    DSCN2216.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN2217.JPG
    DSCN2217.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN2218.JPG
    DSCN2218.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN2219.JPG
    DSCN2219.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN2220.JPG
    DSCN2220.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN2221.JPG
    DSCN2221.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN2222.JPG
    DSCN2222.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN2224.JPG
    DSCN2224.JPG
    255.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN2225.JPG
    DSCN2225.JPG
    275.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN2226.JPG
    DSCN2226.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 71
just a few pics to show a totan ive just completed...excuse the bad pics and the fact ive no before pics but all the areas shown were down to the bare wood..,,,,,,,,the white stuff is the buffing compound still covering the playfield and the inserts ,but this will clean off ...its impossible to sort all the issues out.especially some inserts,its a case of getting the best results possible but compared to what i got its gleaming and ready to go back to jamie to complete the hardware...jamie may have some before pics

I spent a while creating the graphics files for the majority of the inserts on TOTAN (particularly the ones with black text and a white outline around the text). I also found a company that can print them on water-slide decal transfer paper (including printing in white). If you get another TOTAN playfield @chris platt and want any decals, I'm happy to send you the graphics files and the details of the printer. For example, the 'Lightening Lamp' one you could get pretty much original with the decals.

jt......................yes really interested in all you say..maybe you could just ring me for a chat 07710302589,,,,,,,,,chris

jt......................yes really interested in all you say..maybe you could just ring me for a chat 07710302589,,,,,,,,,chris

Yeah sure, I'll give you a call later.

It was a bit of a ball-ache to make the graphics file - I started with a sheet of vinyl decals bought online, but they had a slightly raised surface so I didn't want to use them. I therefore scanning those decals, then converted the scanned image to a vector image file (semi automated by the graphics software, but still maybe 4 hours manual effort to tidy it all up), then separated out the black and white into different layers, before converting them to a .pdf file that the printer could use. The printer (precisionlabels.com) then charge £25 + postage for an A4 sheet of water slide decal paper - that's using two colours of ink - black, and white).

Here's what they look like on the decal paper (I haven't actually got around to apply them to the table yet :confused:):

20160719_110802.jpg

Back
Top Bottom