What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOTAN on eBay

jonathan

Site Supporter
Just to let people know this is the same table I swapped my IJ with Russ for. Nice enough machine but a few playfield touch ups, patchy cabinet art and not worth anywhere near £4500!

I am looking for a TOTAN and a nicer one than this sold on ebay BIN in Nov 2011 for £2k exactly. I really should have bought it as I spotted it before someone hit the BIN! For £4.5k I would want HUO/mint etc etc. Not sure what a 'going rate' for a nice TOTAN is now because there aren't that many around.

That totan i swapped with jonathan came from Eddie Mole originally and was in a right state when i got it. I paid £1100 for it from Eddie in 2009. Rare game for sure, and very pretty, but CV would be a better buy for 'fun' purposes. The wizard mode and end sequence is pretty cool though.

The one on ebay is certainly the same machine, sold by Marc Evans. The description is a little off as it does have playfield wear (that i touched up) These are around the dissapearing magnet, on top of some of the inserts around the flippers, on one of the blue triangle inserts, near the trough hole, and a patches down to the wood under the captive ball and the tigers paw that i did not touch up whilst i had it. It also has the latest ROMS (with the genie end battle), dmd driver board rebuilt as well as bypassing of the big zero ohm diodes on the driver board, some new pin headers, all transistors for the magnets changed, and the crackly audio issue sorted.

£4.5K is utter madness for a machine in that condition, but i know of only 6 others in the UK. Sure there will be more, but they hardly ever come up for sale.

On another note, i have a place in line for a CPR repro playfield for totan that i waited for when i had the machine. They recently got in touch with me to tell me the tooling has been completed and they will finally be available early 2013. If you get a machine sorted by then and want the playfield i am in line for (pre orders are now closed) drop me a line through here and you can have my place. I have no need for a totan PF anymore so i wouldnt want any money or anything. Just letting you know.

Wow, only 6 in the UK. That is why it is hard to find. I know of another packed away, never been played for years. Didn't have any luck buying it last year but may have another try next year.

This is Eddie Moles old one, I turned it down a couple of years back for £1100'ish due to bad playfield wear and a few other faults, it has been touched up, had the problems resolved and some leds fitted since by subsequent owners, seems to be moving home a lot and almost the only one that seems to be getting sold at all.

I am looking for a TOTAN and a nicer one than this sold on ebay BIN in Nov 2011 for £2k exactly. I really should have bought it as I spotted it before someone hit the BIN! For £4.5k I would want HUO/mint etc etc. Not sure what a 'going rate' for a nice TOTAN is now because there aren't that many around.

Got a feeling it was £2200 BIN (I may be wrong), my mate purchased it in a rush, it's in decent shape with cabinet fade etc, that was a rare bargain that was snapped up in seconds, I missed it completely and only learnt of it's existence later through the grapevine.

Same one eh? Wow, it really is moving around. There was one at the UKPP in 2011 - don't tell me it was the same one ;)

The 2k one is the faded one my mate purchased (your link), the other one changes hands about one a year at least and seems to be the only one that is always available.

That settles it, will really try and get the TOTAN I know about released - no idea what condition is, but at least it is dry and not damp. Trouble is the guy doesn't seem eager to sell! Guessing it has not been used since arcade days. Hope batteries were taken out!

Wow, only 6 in the UK. That is why it is hard to find. I know of another packed away, never been played for years. Didn't have any luck buying it last year but may have another try next year.

Way more than 6 in the UK, I've owned 3 and turned down another 2. Darren B has had 3 or 4 as well, more like 27 would have come over (a container load)

Back
Top Bottom