What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOTALLY TOTAN share the love for the Genie-ous that is Arabian Nights

steve brum

Site Supporter
post your thoughts / pictures even critisms about this Williams masterpeice

FB_IMG_1455829008644.jpg

own ONE previously ZER0

Err. It's a so-so game. The ball going through the playfield is great. For me TOM, TOTAN and CV are games that some people love but all of which leave me a little bit cold.
I spent ages wanting to play one and whenever I've since had the opportunity Io play one I've been left with that "is that it?" feeling.
Maybe I'd change my mind if I bought one and got to know it better.
Don't get me wrong I don't think it's a bad game and the artwork is cool but it's not just one that has ever made the top of my hit list.

Love TOTAN the art and the sound make this game, its a bit too easy, especially if you can back hand it into the bazzar and collect the jewels that way so I tend to not do that unless im playing one at a show. The lightning is a curse for me as I know its going to make me mess up but I still go for it.
The rest of it is great

I still have the highest ever score at a UK Pinball League meet on TOTAN, despite not competing for years.

Come on people, up your game ! :p

steve whats the playfield like in the star trek in the background

not bad. its a very long term project . boring game really but we like the artwork on it. backboxes with real glass are always kept in the house so nice and cosy hence the earthshaker backbox underneath

Love wedging the ball behind the genie. Should just instantly win for that shot.
All fairness it's a decent game but there's still many games i haven't had the privilege of playing. TZ being top of my list

second one that I have owned, was offered silly money for the first one so sold it, managed to find another in better condition , not the hardest game to play but I like it:thumbs:

Impressed it was ever used at a league meet, shouldn't be considering the genie battle exploit.
It was only the second ever game I had played on a TOTAN too. Wasn't aware of the rules let alone any exploits.

Pretty game but WAY too easy.

The best bit about it is that it is really easy to follow what to do and aim for. Very intuitive game play.

Only played a real one once but I really enjoyed it

You don't keep anything for more than a couple of weeks , so nothing new there then.

I had a TOTAN around three to four years ago. I paid, and later sold it for £2750, so with pinflation £3500 sounds about right these days.
A very pretty game, probably one of the most attractive machines out there, I love the bonus music at the end of each ball plus the end of game music as well. I found the voices annoying though, plus the gameplay wasn't very complex either.

Mine lasted about three months in my collection...

Great game to look at and listen to, but super boring to play after a week of owning it. Mine was bought in 2009 for £1100. Lasted 6 months in my collection before i swapped it for an IJ.

Back
Top Bottom