What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total noob in Cambridge

Wombat

Site Supporter
Alias
Simon
Hi Everyone,
Well it all began with building a Vpin cabinet earlier this year , y’know, just for a bit of fun and having never given pinball much of a look before. Anyway, I hadn’t even finished installing the leds and I was for a the real one to go along side it . To that end I’ve found a TZ that will be arriving this weekend and very much looking forward to exploring its gameplay and how to keep it running smoothly.

Go easy on me 😅. .

Simon

Welcome to the forum it’s a great place to ease you in and ask for help when needed.
You can’t beat a bit of “in at the deep end” with TZ giving you the perfect opportunity of pinball maintanence at its finest. 😂

I had my TZ over 20yr it’s one of the deeper classics that once dialled into will get you into end game territory every now and then but usually just out of reach as it should be.

Warning! One pin is never enough but it’s where most people start out.

Another pinball owner in Cambridge! Come over to my place in Histon I've got 4 games to try :)
4!!!!! Where did they come from mate? Last I heard you'd got rid of your last one while you were renovating. Can't fight the buzz eh 🤣

4!!!!! Where did they come from mate? Last I heard you'd got rid of your last one while you were renovating. Can't fight the buzz eh 🤣
Renovations are finished now :) It's a bit cramped though, at least one is going very soon...

Welcome to the forum it’s a great place to ease you in and ask for help when needed.
You can’t beat a bit of “in at the deep end” with TZ giving you the perfect opportunity of pinball maintanence at its finest. 😂

I had my TZ over 20yr it’s one of the deeper classics that once dialled into will get you into end game territory every now and then but usually just out of reach as it should be.

Warning! One pin is never enough but it’s where most people start out.
Thanks for the welcome !
Yep, even though I'm a greenhorn I did suspect what I was letting myself in for...go big or go home as they say. The machine is in good condition, but has the to be expected fading of the graphics which I'll look to refurbish in due course. I may add one or two mods, not sure yet. This does appear to divide opinion..who'd have thought it - ha ! For now i'm just going to play and learn all about it.

Another pinball owner in Cambridge! Come over to my place in Histon I've got 4 games to try :)
Thanks !
I'm actually just outside in St Ives, but regularly cycle though Histon on my loop. Would love to come over (with beers, natch :)) and try out your collection at some point.

Simon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom