What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tommy - Orbit by design or wear n tear

Crewey

Site Supporter
The ball always clips this part of the right orbit, playing clockwise shot. Is this by design to nudge the ball toward the scoop back door or wear n tear on this machine ?

B54DAF47-2F4B-4C73-8D06-9997CEAD6F3A.jpeg

D9CC93CF-BA7B-4502-BDC9-FFA60CE81483.jpeg

Oh damn, can’t believe nobody at Pinball Republic noticed it whilst there

What should I do ? It’s a riveted piece of metal, not easy to just remove and fix

Strange. Trying to work out what has happened there ? I wonder if at some point in its life it needed remounting and was bent into new shape ?

You can remove the ball guide but it will involve a fair bit of dismantling :rolleyes: I did it years ago when I gave mine a thorough strip down and clean.

It’s held in position by screws above and below playfield.

Cheers Sgt, I’ve taken a closer look and it’s a f#cking wiggle mess.
I’m really surprised nobody noticed as it was regularly used on their weekly comp.
Gonna be a hack job by me I’m afraid. Only just got PinBot fully working, RoboCop is being a tw@ and now this with Tommy FML
47734D20-D809-4340-A01E-163ED0A20768.jpeg

Hacked, one of those ikea allen keys we all have laying about in every drawer. Perfect size to jam In behind it, applied loads of pressure in the opposite direction and it’s straightened out’ish with plenty of bite marks. Some of which I’ve fine grain sanded out.

Orbits now loop clockwise and counterclockwise flipper to flipper.

The southern peoples republic of pinball was really missing out

tumblr_oksau6mHwI1u501aoo1_400.gifv

Back
Top Bottom