What's new

TOM skill shots.

hutch

Site Supporter
Hi ..Have anyone got any ideas why i seem to be missing some theatre skill shots when launching the balls onto playfield?

1. the options i have on..
ball 1 are..bonusx2..20 mill..start illusion..
ball 2..10 mill ..adv clock..start illusion..
ball 3..bonus x2..20 mill..start illusion..

in the manual it says that the options should be..
10 million...2xcombo..start illusion..20 million..adv clock..bonusx2..

thanks ..
craig..

probably something in the setup menu - start illusion is easily the best option, you have that as an option on all three balls, so my guess is that you have it set on easy settings perhaps?

..cheers cooldan...ive just gone into the set up menu and utilities menu ..u9 pre-sets .03 medium is installed .....i did install the extra easy and easy settings to see if that would give me more options but they were the same ..:hmm:

..cheers cooldan...ive just gone into the set up menu and utilities menu ..u9 pre-sets .03 medium is installed .....i did install the extra easy and easy settings to see if that would give me more options but they were the same ..:hmm:
Yep, again not unusual for those sort of options to not change anything. I think they are default across titles, some use them, some don't.

Hi ..Have anyone got any ideas why i seem to be missing some theatre skill shots when launching the balls onto playfield?

1. the options i have on..
ball 1 are..bonusx2..20 mill..start illusion..
ball 2..10 mill ..adv clock..start illusion..
ball 3..bonus x2..20 mill..start illusion..

in the manual it says that the options should be..
10 million...2xcombo..start illusion..20 million..adv clock..bonusx2..

thanks ..
craig..

Mine plays as per the below (From http://pinball.org/rules/theatreofmagic.html):

"Skill Shot

Whenever a ball is plunged, the player has an opportunity for a Skill Shot. If it is the first plunge of the ball, the Skill Shot will be located at the Trunk, for one of three awards. Plunge when the award you want is on the dot display. The three awards are selected among four possibilities:
  • 10 Million OR 20 Million
  • 2x Bonus [Multiplier]
  • Advance Clock [2 hours]
  • Begin Illusion OR 2x Combo
Begin Illusion is always a choice if Illusion is not already lit; otherwise, 2x Combo is always a choice. Both are never lit at the same time.

2x Combo doubles all Combo scores for the ball [see individual section].

If Illusion is lit, you must make the Trunk's hole to get credit for the Skill Shot.

If it is not the first plunge of the ball, the Skill Shot will be located at the Captive Ball, and is always Advance Clock [1 hour]."​

Rog

Thanks very much :thumbs:..I will have to practice alot more to get those extra options..:p

Craig.

Back
Top Bottom