What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Tapatalk, or not to tapatalk - i don't understand the question.

Tapatalk user?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • I might be, if i knew what the actual **** it was and could be ****d to look myself.

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
No, really.

What's the point of Tapatalk?

I get occasional nags to use it when i visit the forum via Safari on my iPhone, but i just shrug them off because i'm not an App kinda guy.

Who uses it? (Poll)
If you do, why?

Toying wether to keep or get rid of it if i'm honest. Is a nice crisp interface when using it, and works well, however Fed up with the Nag's it gives on the front end. Will be interesting to see the results of this poll :)

I would probably rarely read the forum or contribute if it was not available on tapatalk. I don't find the web interface at all intuitive.

This thread could do with someone who does use it explaining why. Since the web version works on a PC or tablet fine (at least, for me it does), is it because you use it on a phone and it's better for that, or?????

I once accepted the tapatalk download. I was then bombarded with shït. All manner of rubbish clogging up my phone.

I deleted it.

For similar reasons I also deleted Facebook and linkedin apps within minutes.

All these things are viral. If you touch them you get an infinite cloud of worthless prompts and worthless communication from folk you do not know

Using a Web browser for these sorts of things means less crap hitting my phone.

Use it for the notifications on my phone but crikey it's hit or miss if it actually shows me any text on the page. Find myself going back a page then trying again and see if the page shows all the text.
Very frustrating. Deffo more chrome usage for me

It's like any other social media app/website - change the settings so you don't get bombarded with crap. It really isn't a challenge to do so. [emoji6]

I tried it once, seems like the answer to a problem that doesn't exist. Maybe tapatalk is be a better experience on older phones or phones with smaller screens? The only un-intuitive thing I see with this website ( which most of us have long since got to grips with, but still catches new members out ) is the adding of photo's to a post, hence the many posts with multiple duplicates of photos...we've all done it.

Tapatalk used here - quick and easy on an iPad. I've not been subjected to any nag screens etc. Browsing threads can be a pain as you can't see the menu structure but better generally

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't use it. Reading the comments, I guess it's an app. Too used to using the forum on web browser now. Apps can get frustrating at times.

Back
Top Bottom