What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To buy-in or not to buy-in? That is the question!!

Spandangler

Site Supporter
I've recently accuired 2 new pins (RS & STTNG) both of which have a buy in feature. These are the first pins ive owned with that feature and to be honest, it wasn't a concept I was familiar with.

So I was just wondering what all you good folk who own pins with buy ins do?

Do you cancel it or buy in?

The first few weeks I cancelled but recently I thought I'd give it a go and obviously progressed the modes a lot more than I normally would. Mainly because I'm a rubbish player so I get to see parts of the game I probably wouldn't normally!!

But I always feel like I've cheated a bit, so don't really count that score. Incidentally I got 2.6 billion on RS with 4 buy ins, which for me is a bloody good score. Probably easy for some of you:)

I will only use buy in's if the machine keeps a separate high score table for them and even then I restrict it to 1 buy in only. I want to hold top score on both the normal and buy in score boards
biggrin-1.png

I voted for cancel but honestly, if it is just you playing then go for it. You could set the machine to five balls and I don't think the police come round for that.

If i'm having a good game and feel i may have a chance at LOTZ or a high score i buy the ball but hey it's free play so i feel i am just getting my free ball that i got cheated on when the ball didn't lock, twice. It's only pinball!

Would i buy a ball for a credit on site, no way i'm far too tight!!

Adie

Always regret it if I press "buy in", as I feel like I've cheated myself. Done it few times when I'm near to completing something and then wished I hadn't
sad-1.png

Always disable it in the settings, it's for operators to make more money - in home use it's cheating!

mufcmufc' date=' post: 1696369 said:
Always disable it in the settings, it's for operators to make more money - in home use it's cheating![/quote

Thats a good way of looking at it.

Never use it myself.

Never use it,UNLESS it is on location and avail and I am having an ok game

(so never then!)

Disabled as all machines in Tourney mode & used in Tournaments. On location have very, very rarely used it, for example when I have one credit left and with everything lit when the last ball drains.... using the buy-in gives enough to activate all the lit stuff and end up with 3, 4 or 5 extra games !
biggrin-1.png

wow, you lot are all such goody goodies. i use the buy-in button all the time, it's ace for when the last ball drains with the extra ball lit, or a hard-to-get feature is lit, or ...... or i just feel like having an extra ball or two or three. it's just a game, i bought it so i own it, it's for having fun on.

high scores (for me at least) are few and far between, and never anywhere near as good as other people get, as i'm pants at pinball. so on my STTNG, every now and then i just keep pressing the buy-in button for an hour or more in one game, just to enjoy how high the jackpot get get, or to see the Final Frontier billion award go up to three or four of five billion.

i appreciate that it's not the same as a three ball game, but it has its own high score table, and i'm not cheating anyone. i love my buy-in button. i also have one on my Shadow, but sadly that one maxes out at three buy-ins.

[attachment=1092:ScreamingTurtle.jpg]

cooldan' date=' post: 1696460 said:
wow, you lot are all such goody goodies. i use the buy-in button all the time, it's ace for when the last ball drains with the extra ball lit, or a hard-to-get feature is lit, or ...... or i just feel like having an extra ball or two or three. it's just a game, i bought it so i own it, it's for having fun on.

high scores (for me at least) are few and far between, and never anywhere near as good as other people get, as i'm pants at pinball. so on my STTNG, every now and then i just keep pressing the buy-in button for an hour or more in one game, just to enjoy how high the jackpot get get, or to see the Final Frontier billion award go up to three or four of five billion.

i appreciate that it's not the same as a three ball game, but it has its own high score table, and i'm not cheating anyone. i love my buy-in button. i also have one on my Shadow, but sadly that one maxes out at three buy-ins.

View attachment 1274

Dan, you can change the number of buy-ins in the settings.

wayne g' date=' post: 1696475 said:
I hit the extra ball option on my I.J last night as it meant completing the game. Must admit I didn't feel bad about it one bit.Lol

I just cant bring myself to do it on IJ. Almost had it completed many times with just 3 balls and the option to continue is always there taunting me. The only pleasure delaying im any good at...

I finally got to having the light lit for The Final Battle on my Shadow today ....... but since this was new territory for me (and a hi score) I didnt buy in. Next time maybe
smile-1.png

[attachment=1096:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344442668.346304.jpg]

Crikey I can't even say that number it's so big. I went to school once, I think it was a Tuesday! We had PE. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom