What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIG Welding

node

Registered
Anyone know somewhere reliable in London (or anywhere south of the Thames really e.g. Surrey) that doesn't charge an arm and a leg? First place I tried nearby quoted 200 quid to do four weld points on my DESW ramp!

Cripes! Does it have to be TIG? You could buy your own Clarke arc welder for a quarter of that quote! I'm no professional but I'm sure it'd be fine to do a few spots holding a ramp together?

my TAF scoop had gone - got a guy in work just to standard weld it - no issues there :)

The joys of living so close to the capital.
I have around three local to me that do a great job and only charge around £10 to £15 for welding damaged ramps.
Got three repaired only last week for a Addams I am working on and that cost me 4 cans of strongbow.
Thank god I live in the real world and not a alternative universe.

The joys of living so close to the capital.
I have around three local to me that do a great job and only charge around £10 to £15 for welding damaged ramps.
Got three repaired only last week for a Addams I am working on and that cost me 4 cans of strongbow.
Thank god I live in the real world and not a alternative universe.

Bound to be someone cheaper near me, even if it is an alternative universe here. ;) I only checked the one guy so far and he was definitely a rip off merchant, hoping someone here can save me the trouble of too much looking around!

I don't currently know anyone, but the last time I had a ramp welded, it cost me £10

I had some arcade coctail table legs done for £20

I had a car seat frame done for £10 previously

£200 is just silly

Also you have just reminded me I need to give my DESW ramp to Daz to see if he can get it welded for me :)

Cheers for that. Mine's in good nick though, just popped off at the two lower welds but not in need of replacing by any stretch. The plastics, on the other hand! I keep hearing that the current repros doing the rounds are a bit pants - I heard CPR have the art and could do 'em, but the problem is rights issues. :(

Edit: Actually, having read through the thread that looks like a damn solid repro, much more durable than the rubbish welds on the basic one. Argh, tempted despite the price (especially with shipping from US!)

I'd have thought any local car repair workshop would be able to do this for a tenner. Just a couple of bits of steel and a few spot welds?

Cheers for that. Mine's in good nick though, just popped off at the two lower welds but not in need of replacing by any stretch. The plastics, on the other hand! I keep hearing that the current repros doing the rounds are a bit pants - I heard CPR have the art and could do 'em, but the problem is rights issues. :(

Edit: Actually, having read through the thread that looks like a damn solid repro, much more durable than the rubbish welds on the basic one. Argh, tempted despite the price (especially with shipping from US!)
Exactly the same as mine. Two front welds are gone, other wise condition is fine

I don't currently know anyone, but the last time I had a ramp welded, it cost me £10

I had some arcade coctail table legs done for £20

I had a car seat frame done for £10 previously

£200 is just silly

Also you have just reminded me I need to give my DESW ramp to Daz to see if he can get it welded for me :)
Let me have it next time I see you and I will sort it for you.

Back
Top Bottom