What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thieving b’stards and a sign of the times. UPDATE! Bike now totally wrote off!

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
So the wife’s brand new scooter a Honda 350 was stolen Broad daylight today in the middle of Newcastle City Center!
They removed the Lock/alarm with a grinder unchallenged in a Main Street near the monument and made away with it.
The police rang a few hours later to say they had chased some kids near Byker where they dumped it damaged and obviously worse for wear.
It cost £5.5k new last year.
I am now on commute duty morning and night to get her to work 😖

Sroates.
Sorry to hear that Col. The police don't give two hoots about bike / car crime there's no deterrent for the low life. And for people not to even notice a security device being grinded off is the way the world is today.
Battery grinders should be banned.

Sorry to hear this col :( wasnt long ago when you commented on the battery tools thread about kids using them to break into places (ski slope room)

Last edited:
"R"zoles want their hands chopped off at the elbow. Vehicular crime, cars specifically, is rife here where I live in the West Midlands. Burgularies too is almost as high.
Do plod even turn up? Nope. Get a crime number and file an insurance claim. I don't remember the last copper I saw on the beat.

it's 40 mins from the copshop so tealeaves know they've got ample time come night time sprees and I've experienced it 1st hand with break-in's.
Would a Labour Govt. care anymore than the Tories, nope.

I've seen the barskits on youtube videos thieving in broad daylight. If you step in their mates appear and then you are in trouble.
It's a sad state of affairs, it really is. :(

The police reckon they used a scanner as the bike is keyless start and detects the key in your pocket. However the lock / alarm was £100 and was probably removed in a few seconds with a grinder so I’m not sure of the solution when it gets repaired / replaced from now on as there’s no secure parking for bikes nearby.

If it’s an electric fuel pump, put in a hidden( behind fairing where can’t be seen but easy to reach) inline switch or if not a push switch ( only active when depressed) on the starter solenoid- not as good as can still be push started

Sorry to hear this .Its shocking what they will do now adays to nick stuff. My mate confronted 2 lads who where nicking his bike, tried to stop them and they both pulled out knives and threated him. He had no choice but let them take it. he did get it back a few weeks later but too much damage it got scrapped.

Sorry to hear this! These battery powered angle grinders are a ridiculously good tool. Should need a license to own one really!

If it’s an electric fuel pump, put in a hidden( behind fairing where can’t be seen but easy to reach) inline switch or if not a push switch ( only active when depressed) on the starter solenoid- not as good as can still be push started
Hi Col
Sorry to hear this, like Jagspete mentioned we (I worked as a motorbike mechanic and in the trade for 10 years) used to fit quite a few 'Kill Switches' so even if they get the ignition on they have to find them. In scooters under the seat there could be many places behind panels to do this, it shouldn't come to doing that but the flame thrower anti theft alarms are illegal here unfortunately....

As a biker and someone who has spent a lot of time doing risk assessments, you start to realise that most ways of defending against these people only grades how much effort they need to go to to steal the machine.

We are at a state where we can’t assume someone would stop them as folks are either not paying attention or too scared to act. So parking someone public isn’t good enough. Horrible to think that.

These good guys show how easy it is to defeat most defences and the effort required.

Well today we went to the recovery yard as the police had it recovered after the wasters dumped it while being chased. They were being pushed from behind by some scroat on another stolen bike as they failed to get it stated due to the keyless ignition / immobiliser.
Sadly breaking the steering lock also destroyed the steering bearing and twisted frame so my wife’s 2022 £5k bike less than a year old has been scrapped. It will be interesting to see how much she receives on a 12mth old bike with 1899 mi on the clock.

I was speaking to our dealer and he said they had 4 stolen recovered bikes in the workshop this year alone! One of them the guy was washing on his drive and went to answer a phone call in his house for 2 mins and when he came back out it had gone. The thieves couldn’t start it due to the immobiliser so they smashed it up in spite and left it in a heap.

Community service is just not good enough I say take a finger for each offence and eventually they will be unable to steal anything apart from maybe a roll of carpet under their arm.
Sadly the truth is they get slapped wrist and 2 free weeks at an outdoor centre in the lakes something we have just paid £1750 to do this Easter break.

Back
Top Bottom