What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There some very talented people on this Forum...

I thought that too. May well stick an order in for one or two.... :)

Last edited:
I think a lot of us will be interested in these. Tell us more and let us know if we can buy direct from you. :)

Wish I'd seen this before ordering an nvram for my incoming project. About the same price until u add shipping and I'd of rather got from the uk

NVRAM works with any pinball machine. The Magic ram only appears to work with Williams/bally, Sega and Stern Whitestar.

Ok, so this version is cheaper and works with the vast majority of 'main stream' Pins.

I guess for my DE table I still have to go the anyPin route.

I was looking at the anypin route a while ago, however i couldn't justify the cost. These are much more palatable....

I'll have 3!

Is there a special forum user price? no ebay fees for you ;)

hello! and thanks for the interest. If anyone would like to order one directly with me (via paypal - jim@mypinballs.com) and not via ebay then i can offer them for £19 with free postage in uk. I currently only have 8 available now as this first run was to check everything was ok. I am happy to take orders for the next batch once the first few run out etc

The idea had been in my head for awhile, but as normal it takes awhile to get round to acting on it :)

Last edited:
Ok, so this version is cheaper and works with the vast majority of 'main stream' Pins.

I guess for my DE table I still have to go the anyPin route.

I think we can get it to work on DE/sys 11 games to, but may not be quite a straight 'plug and play'. Most likely you would need to socket the chip and then change some jumpers on the board. If you are interested then i can have a look into it.

Last edited:
Hi Jim, suitable for a Getaway,HS2 and Scared Stiff?
Yes, but you will need to socket the ic location first if not already done so (which i include). Sega and stern games using whitestar boards have a socketed ram socket from factory.

Last edited:
I guess this means unsoldering the chips on WPC mpu's, not something I've attempted yet, might have give this a miss for now...

I guess this means unsoldering the chips on WPC mpu's, not something I've attempted yet, might have give this a miss for now...
Yes, at the moment you need to socket the board if its a wpc/wpc-95 original. That also includes using the anyPin NVRAM one. Shame that Williams didn't socket this like Sega did. If you have a pinled replacement wpc board then you are ok as they socketed it.

Anyhow, i may come up with a plug and play board for WPC games in the future, but at the moment, this is what i offer to save you from future battery issues, yearly replacements, worrying and continuous checking for acid leakage :)

As a reminder, if you want to use it on any Sega/Stern game using the Whitestar cpu board set (1995 Apollo 13 - 2005 Grand Prix) then its a simple drop in replacement.

It's only too easy to forget about your pins for a while and leave the batteries in, this is definitely the way forward, and of course you will save money long term not having to buy batteries. I will just have to practice chip replacement on some old PCBs, how hard can it be?

@myPinballs - Jim

Will stick in an order for one tomorrow and have a play if you still have any - Wouldn't mind giving one a go (installation) on WPC before ordering more than one so i can gauge how much of a pain it is before I order another 2 or 3.....

Cheers
Paul

Back
Top Bottom