What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted The use of a screen

RudeDogg1

Registered
Is there anybody near me (north Devon) that has a silk screen for doing the back of back boxes? That wouldn't mind doing mine for me. Or does anyone have the original text I can get printed on transparency and do myself?

RD,

If you can get one of these, is there any way you can re-produce the screens for others??

Just wondering ;) (unfortunately i dont have, however would like) :)

I'm guessing that pinball-sales is the same guy in Australia who bought up the rights to the Bally/Williams name all those years ago?

Can the wording of those kind of warnings be copyrighted? Or is it just that silk screens are really that expensive to buy?

I have the text already on Isotope.
I will be willing to let whoever make a screen/screens from it in return for a small screen with the pat numbers on for the rear of the cabinet. (the one I don't have).
I don't want this to turn into a profit making venture for someone. It need to be a non profit with people putting in and sharing what we get out of it.
Thoughts.

Them prices are very over inflated. Put it this way we just bought 40 new screens about 24" x 48" and that came to just over 2.5 k. So I'm guessing a screen big enough for the waning text would be £20 - 45 maybe less and wooden ones are about half that. Now if there is a file of the text anywhere I could get it printed on transparent stuff. Then it's just a case of squeegeeing the uv emulsion on, wait for it to dry, tape on the artwork, put in a vacume table, blast with a strong uv light, remove artwork, wash screen off with warm water and leave to dry and that's it ready for the fun stuff

I have the text already on Isotope.
I will be willing to let whoever make a screen/screens from it in return for a small screen with the pat numbers on for the rear of the cabinet. (the one I don't have).
I don't want this to turn into a profit making venture for someone. It need to be a non profit with people putting in and sharing what we get out of it.
Thoughts.

If you can get hold of a screen and get it to me ill do it for you in my own time

There was me thinking an Isotope was an Atom with uneven numbers of electrons.....

On a more serious note - Thats a very kind offer Daz :)
It may well be something to do with an Atom and the like but its also what the clear plastic film that the text is printed on.

No I can get the use of metal and wood ones. And I can find out where they get them from

Somewhere like this seems cheap to. For my purposes I'd just borrow one of works

Them prices are very over inflated. Put it this way we just bought 40 new screens about 24" x 48" and that came to just over 2.5 k. So I'm guessing a screen big enough for the waning text would be £20 - 45 maybe less and wooden ones are about half that. Now if there is a file of the text anywhere I could get it printed on transparent stuff. Then it's just a case of squeegeeing the uv emulsion on, wait for it to dry, tape on the artwork, put in a vacume table, blast with a strong uv light, remove artwork, wash screen off with warm water and leave to dry and that's it ready for the fun stuff

That sounds... complicated. The guys in the US just squeege ink through the silk screen like this:

Paul,
Rude dogg is on about making the screen , not using it. He is talking about burnning the text onto the silk screen then cleaning it up ready for printing.

Back
Top Bottom