What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shadow

Steve C

Registered
After having a fight with The Shadow trying to get it in the house (that's another story) it is now safely inside and all set up. So just got to get Jack*Bot set back up, as had a move around, and another which is arriving next week and that will keep me happy for a few weeks :)

ive got that to look forward to ha, its either gonna be back box bolts off and rotated and wheeled in on my trolly lift or through the window onto the trolly

Not the easiest things to move about lol,enjoy!!!
Hope to see y back up here for the Gateshead event

Ha ha it certainly is,never expected that,well done.
An amazing ride,one of me favourites

i desperately wanna go back there

You know when it does that inverted loop through that ejypt themed trench? Does that do something odd inside your gut? made mine feel almost painfull lol but in a good way

good stuff lol!!!,3.85 g will do that.Its called an immelman after a world war fighter plane move.
wealth of knowledge in this category,fair to say its a passion lol

and yes ive owned sterns rollercoaster tycoon ha ha

I love coasters to

Stern rt looks ****e tho

disagree, have you played one?
Rollercoaster Tycoon (RCT) is loads of fun, i'd have one in my garage anytime. the wireform ramps go up and round and behind the flippers, and there's a bunch of stuff to aim for, too

rct pf.jpg

it's a Pat Lawlor (BRun, ES, NGG, RS, RBION, TAF, TZ, WW) .... nuff said

Agree,it gets a lot of stick but I think it's a great game with a tonne of good shots and ramps.Hope to get one back in the future.
Suppose one good thing about that is they go very cheap.

Agree,it gets a lot of stick but I think it's a great game with a tonne of good shots and ramps.Hope to get one back in the future.
Suppose one good thing about that is they go very cheap.

Thats because lots or people dont like it... Hence why so cheap... Personally i think it's a reasonable little game...

I'd have one, I really like the theme and the game play. It will be in the games room when I finally get one.

As for coasters, I am quite a fan of them. I don't seem me having the space to have my own at any point but a tour of the USA for quality rides is on the cards. Care to give me any tips?

Orlando has some awesome rides all within a short drive. Universal studios, universal islands of adventure, sea world, Busch gardens Tampa bay, all the Disney parks which r kind of connected by monorails ect. Personally not a huge Disney fan but animal kingdom and Hollywood studios are good

disagree, have you played one?
Rollercoaster Tycoon (RCT) is loads of fun, i'd have one in my garage anytime. the wireform ramps go up and round and behind the flippers, and there's a bunch of stuff to aim for, too

View attachment 1314

it's a Pat Lawlor (BRun, ES, NGG, RS, RBION, TAF, TZ, WW) .... nuff said

Only said it looks ****e never played it tho

As for coasters, I am quite a fan of them. I don't seem me having the space to have my own at any point but a tour of the USA for quality rides is on the cards. Care to give me any tips?

Six Flags Magic Mountain outside LA ....... ages since I have been there but there were some AWESOME coasters. Viper (??) was a cool one. :whoo:

Any Six Flags park in the states is awesome. Went to Six Flags in Texas a couple of years back and went on the tallest, fastest coaster I've ever been on in my life - Titan - and I'm a massive coaster fan. This thing was soil your pants scary!!

Exactly what other people have said,cedar point is the mecca for coasters though.
Nemesis is still prob my favourite period.

Any of you's coming up to the NERG event?

Which Nemesis? Alton Towers or Thorpe Park (Nemesis Inferno)? NI is faster apparently but it felt as though the surroundings are not as close so the speed is not felt as much.

I have done a few RC's in Vegas, one was pretty good but I forget the name. Race car theme, start from inside hotel and does loop then rides backwards??
My favourite use to be the Thunder Looper at Alton Towers but they had to remove it because the wooshing noise might have been making cows give birth early.
Enjoy this and other stories plus find your lost RC because they often get sold on here at http://rcdb.com/.

Gaz, your not wrong about that ladybird ride. :rockon:

Did Thorpe on the Passholders preview day on the 10th March. Wasnt really well enough to enjoy it all (Plus the fact it was "0C feels like -4C!!). However managed to do Swarm backwards, saw and the usual contenders.
Then ended up doing a slightly warmer Alton towers on Sat (16th March - opening day) still not feeling better, however the old faves of Rita, 13, Nemesis and Air were all the usual fun. Smiler is looking good for it's opening hopefully in May.... :)

Off to Singapore and Aus later in the year.... Looking forward to Universal in Singapore and Dreamworld in Brisbane (Tower of Terror II anyone???) :)

The current facts do show Nemesis to be faster than Nemesis Inferno (50 vs 47.9mph) but Inferno pulls 4.5G (compared to 3). I certainly wouldn't say it was crap.
Thorpe Park has developed into a good place over the last 10 years and whilst it can't compete directly with Alton Towers, it did do a better job than Chessington.

Well I was really dissapointed with Thorpe only 2 decent rides 3 if u include inferno. Other than them there isn't much else to do

I did the Formula Rossa coaster last year at Ferrari World ABu Dhabi. 0 - 240kmhq in 4.9 secs.

The start acceleration was cool but the rest of the coaster was a bit dull TBH.

Have done a lot of coasters over the years, I think the Duelling Dragons one in Universal Islands of adventure was pretty cool if not that fast, the proximity to the other coaster car added to the thrill

Back
Top Bottom