What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Parlour

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Just a heads up for The Pinball Parlour down in Ramsgate.

http://www.pinballparlour.co.uk/

Pete and Geoff have an awesome collection of games open to the public, weekends only I believe. Including the utterly brilliant/ ridiculous experiment that was Orbitor 1
biggrin-1.png

orbitor1_plexi-1.jpg

GrizZ and the South Coast posse are gonna head down there one weekend soon.:cool:

Orbitor is one weird machine - played it once - was cool. I presume rarer than hell

Think there might be 2 or 3 in the UK. There was a *mint* example on ebay about year or so ago - actually only went for about £600 which surprised me. Should have grabbed it just for novelty value at Slam etc. I played one at the Las Vegas Hall Of Fame.

Fintan Stack' date=' post: 1688525 said:
Wow! Never seen that before. Looks like fun!

Its as fun and crazy as it looks ! Those bumper things spin round. And the ball can come behind the flippers and back into play !

Read all about it here ...

http://www.flippers.be/pinball/stern/orbitorone/orbitor_one.html

GrizZ' date=' post: 1688526 said:
Think there might be 2 or 3 in the UK. There was a *mint* example on ebay about year or so ago - actually only went for about £600 which surprised me.

Damn - missed that one!!! Looks awesome!!

Somebody got a bargain for £600 mint;)

Crazy the way the ball moves :eek:

Paul' date=' post: 1688528 said:
Damn - missed that one!!! Looks awesome!!

From what I remember the guy was selling Orbitor 1 and I think a Hyperball - both he had brought over from the States at some point and had refurbed to a very high standard, rechromed doors, rails etc. *Really* nice.

I should of had a bid. Unlikely to see another one any time soon, let alone in that nick
sad-1.png

You have to remember that the "£600 fantastic condition orbitor" was a non-worker. :suspect: I very nearly bought it prior to it being put on ebay, I declined for 2 reasons: 1) once played and the novelty value has worn off it would probably not get played much, sitting there gathering dust
rolleyes-1.gif
2) needed the money to get to the states for IFPA7
biggrin-1.png
As it happened I got play Orbitor 1 at IFPA7 anyway and concluded that the decision not to buy was the right one... :cool:

Moonraker' date=' post: 1688531 said:
You have to remember that the "£600 fantastic condition orbitor" was a non-worker. :suspect: I very nearly bought it prior to it being put on ebay, I declined for 2 reasons: 1) once played and the novelty value has worn off it would probably not get played much, sitting there gathering dust
rolleyes-1.gif
2) needed the money to get to the states for IFPA7
biggrin-1.png
As it happened I got play Orbitor 1 at IFPA7 anyway and concluded that the decision not to buy was the right one... :cool:

Hmmm ....non-workers are only a bit of fun away from working
wink-1.png

Still think it was nice price for very rare machine. And yes - not saying its an A list game..... but for sheer novelty and fun when people visit, or at shows it can't be beaten :cool: I'd rather that than a whole truck load of mid rated 90s games you see all the time.

Pete's & Geoff's Pinball Parlour is a great place to visit for an afternoon playing older games that you wouldn't normally get the chance to play. I normally try and get down there every couple of months for an afternoon of playing the EMs and older Solid State pins. The Orbitor 1 wasn't working last time I was down there (about 6 weeks ago), so if you plan to go specially to play that, best to check with Pete or Geoff first.

Don't forget Pete, Geoff, and Sean Mills (who lives in the area and often pops in) all buy and sell machines, so it's worth asking what's available when you are there.

If you travel down by train like I do, it's a 20-25 minute walk from Ramsgate rail station, or you can catch the Thanet Loop bus from outside the rail station (right hand stop as you exit the station) to West Cliffe Road, near to the Oval PH, which is less than 2 minutes walk from the Parlour. If you need still more Pinball fix there is a Stern IJ 2008 in an arcade on the sea front.

There is a very steep set of stairs up to the main pinball area after entering the Parlour, so bear that in mind if you have someone of limited mobility with you. Check out the lists on Pinside, or Pinformer for what games are available to play. I try and keep the lists up to date each time I pay a visit.

orbitor1 was the table that put paid to Stern the first time around:eek:

how it ever got into production is beyond me. its not half as good as spectrum

bartron' date=' post: 1688563 said:
orbitor1 was the table that put paid to Stern the first time around:eek:

how it ever got into production is beyond me. its not half as good as spectrum

Hell ...put crazy stuff like this into production ! Why not ?!?! We only go around once so f*ck what make smoney ...lets see the madness :cool:

GrizZ' date=' post: 1688575 said:
Hell ...put crazy stuff like this into production ! Why not ?!?! We only go around once so f*ck what make smoney ...lets see the madness :cool:

Indeed - it;s the wild and the wacky that makes things interesting - as i mentioned above - had i seen it i probably would have gone for it at the time - It;s different, and i like different
biggrin-1.png

I'm sure most people have seen this, but for those that haven't it's the Classic Game Room review of Orbitor 1

the thing is, if things are too different people will not buy them.that's why i referred to Spectrum, they didn't sell either, but they could be dismantled and the parts re-used. different is all well and good, but not if its the last thing you ever do......

"then move on to something else, like... Dig Dug"
biggrin-1.png
He says that like it's something bad!!

He seems to rate the sound effects but personally, I think they'd get on my tits VERY quickly. However, very oddball and I'd love to play one, just once or twice
wink-1.png

It's a long bloody way for me but am gonna try and organise a Pinball Parlour Trip,with some other "Northern Monkeys"next year.

Maybe day before the Slam or summat?

poi

Id be up for something like that Chris. With some of the even more Northern Monkeys and more Western also (We are planning on heading over for the slam next year)

They are only open on the weekends though aren't they ?

The pinball Parlour is awesome, I spent about an hour down

There (not long enough) and intend to go back orbitor one is indeed bonkers
smile-1.png

I would be up for a weekend away on the beer and pinball maybe try and combine in with that geekfest they are doing down in ramsgate?

Cheers

Will

SOUTH COAST SLAM' date=' post: 1688661 said:
The pinball Parlour is awesome, I spent about an hour down

There (not long enough) and intend to go back orbitor one is indeed bonkers
smile-1.png

I would be up for a weekend away on the beer and pinball maybe try and combine in with that geekfest they are doing down in ramsgate?

Cheers

Will

Sounds like a plan - don't know if I can wait until the Slam for my next pinball/beer/tequila (ahem - sorry Chris!) weekend.

Well worth a visit to the parlour, especially for the older machines you don't get to see often. I really enjoyed Fireball which has some really impressive features for when it was made.

BigIan' date=' post: 1688659 said:
Id be up for something like that Chris. With some of the even more Northern Monkeys and more Western also (We are planning on heading over for the slam next year)

They are only open on the weekends though aren't they ?

Sure if we say "can ya open on the Thurs before Slam"it could happen?

Back
Top Bottom