What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Office - Pinball Club https://www.thepinballoffice.co.uk/

The following two pictures are from two different pins. You know them?

Attachments

• 82111BEA-8529-4035-8A46-FF5427FCFAB2.jpeg
    82111BEA-8529-4035-8A46-FF5427FCFAB2.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 8831D4E4-6DA6-45EB-B701-0D5DC3034229.jpeg
    8831D4E4-6DA6-45EB-B701-0D5DC3034229.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 35
Well done. Very well spotted. You owned the pin? if you didn’t, I’m even more impressed. As promised, any session during January…

@JAG555 was right. Maybe you know one of the two from my last post.
Thanks! No, I ve never owned it (I have played it though - Great game!), but I recognised that from the film.

Loving this game 😂

Brilliant idea Chris and an especially happy one for me as I'm only 30 mins away in south woodford. Very generous of you and I'm looking forward to it.

Also I'd like to offer help on the repairs and maintenance side of things. I'm not always available (kids and 3 jobs) but when I am I'll help any way I can 👍
I’m happy that you made contact. I wanted to send you a PM anyways to talk about your amazing boards. The pinball machines are all repaired by me (the ones that are now in the offices that will be used for the club) but I have more pins in a different office that need attention. All of those have a problem or more. It would be great if you could help with your knowledge. Thank you!

Hey Chris
This is a fantastic and very generous idea you have, so kind to let other people enjoy your pins and hobby. I for one have already been Lucky enough to have spent a couple of days hanging out at your place and have enjoyed every minute.
I’m already looking forward to seeing you guys at some point in the next couple of weeks and even more excited for when you open as a club and to make new friends. 👍
Will see you soon Andy. Exciting times ahead. So sorry that I couldn’t make it today. But honestly I just finished 15 minutes ago. I’m going straight to bed. Have fun!

The first one with the skull and crossbones is Houdini

Tbh @Moonraker ‘s Special When Lit was the first as far as I know. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

You're not wrong. Thanks for the mention. I got the idea for a pinball club after attending the IFPA world championships and discovered that many attending belonged to pinball clubs. Germany had 26 at that time, in the UK we had a big fat zero. After 12 years I did think that there would be many more pinball clubs in the UK than there is now but I guess we can say it's slowly improving and yours will be the latest addition to the fold. Good luck with the venture and I hope it goes well. I hope to visit sometime in the future. :D

I will add another picture to help with the guessing of the 5th table.

Attachments

• 5E629FF8-7B95-460A-A2AB-BE5A417B2FDA.jpeg
    5E629FF8-7B95-460A-A2AB-BE5A417B2FDA.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 5786407D-7322-4A56-B747-DF149C5B769B.jpeg
    5786407D-7322-4A56-B747-DF149C5B769B.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 32
Mods or standard with pin?
Standard. Will add the third picture as well. I hope that someone can guess it now.

Attachments

• 2A71015A-331B-490B-8D99-918910D87049.jpeg
    2A71015A-331B-490B-8D99-918910D87049.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 79AC82F8-3273-41C5-96B2-FA33EEF70937.jpeg
    79AC82F8-3273-41C5-96B2-FA33EEF70937.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 1497D8BE-7902-4E01-A22A-FD81B08BD06A.jpeg
    1497D8BE-7902-4E01-A22A-FD81B08BD06A.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 20
Only just seen this (I'm not exactly regular in my browsing habits), well done! I would be happy to rock up tenner in hand.
Mark, it would be a pleasure to meet you. I have quite a few things to learn from you I’m sure.
Although 140 miles away (@AlanJ we could car share sometime), just wanted to register my support for your venture! Good Luck and hope to get down at some point.
Thank you Steve. I hope to meet you and Alan soon.

I'm a bit late to the party (I'm not such a stalker of the forum these days) Excellent news to hear of a potential new club. Opening a place of my own is still my long term dream so to have one opening somewhat near me in Chelmsford is very exciting. Best of luck to you! I'm not much of a player anymore as my mojo has escaped me since opening the repairs business but I'm sure our paths will cross soon. All the best!

Hello fellow pinheads! I have a small announcement that I would like to share with you all.

A few weeks ago I’ve decided to give it a try with a new idea. New for me, old for others. The suggestion came from quite a few forum members. After being at Pinfest for the first time and enjoying it a lot, I’ve decided to give it a try. As I guess you already know (the title gives it away) the idea would be to open a new pinball club.

I have a small pinball collection that I keep at my office (to play them while I’m not in the mood to do any work - about 6 hours/day out of 8). At present I have a few over 30 pinball machines set up here. If in the following months I will see that there is interest, I can extend the collection to 50-60 machines.

So, to make this as short as possible I was thinking to open it up only for Pinballinfo forum members till the end of the year. If I’m moving fast with getting everything ready for your visit, I guess that I will be able to open it in about 2-3 weeks (by the end of November).

I was thinking probably a 4 hour long session Saturday and if people like it probably another session on Friday evening or Sunday.

The club will be located in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire right on the border with Essex (30 miles from London). We have a large car park (over 100 spaces) that I will be able to use for the club so everyone will have a guaranteed parking space. The parking will be always free providing that you will register your car on arrival. Failing to do so, will end up in a £85 fine being sent to your address. As we don’t want that, please remember to register your car. Probably I will add a section on the website (that is being built right now) that will ask you to fill up your car reg number when booking your spot.

Because the office isn’t very large, I was thinking to limit the amount of players/session to 30 people just to test and see how it will work. Honestly I never had more than 9 people at once in the office so we will have to test this to get a feel about an ideal number of players. I’m sure that your feedback will help a lot. All this of course provided that you will show up. If nobody will show up, I will just play the pins with my kids like I always do.

As I said before, the sessions that I will run this year will be exclusive for the forum members. I was discussing about the entry fee with a few members from the forum, and we got to the conclusion that £10/person would be a fair price for a 4 hour session with the parking space included. This year, I don’t want any of your money so everything will go to Charity. I will even provide free tea (a selection of over 15), coffees (ristretto, espresso, americano, caffe barista, macchiato, flat white, cafe au lait, cappuccino, latte macchiato… you name it) non alcoholic drinks (Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Pepsi, Pepsi Max, Fanta, Sprite, 7UP, Dr Pepper, San Pellegrino, Water etc)

Considering that my grandfather introduced me to pinball when I was around 6, and when he passed away he was suffering with Alzheimer, I thought that the best charity to choose would be The Alzheimer’s Society. I remember the good old times when he was taking me to play pinball and he was having a bear or two or even three while I was playing. So in the end everyone was happy. Some more than others…

Now leaving memories aside, let’s get back to the club. On site, we have two places where you can have breakfast/lunch, we will have a seating area where we can chat, gents and ladies toilets, the building is literally next to Sawbridgeworth train station, so you can come and leave by train as well.

In the end, I would like to ask everyone to come up with ideas, suggestions, and as much constructive feedback as possible. Please be kind and keep in mind that I’m doing this alone, without any friends or partners or any other help (except from my amazing wife).

I hope that I will see many of you here during the weekends.

I’m sure that I forgot about many other important details but we have time to sort all of them till the end of the month. If you have any questions please post them here or PM me.

Regards,

Chris
Great idea I’d attend ,I’m not that far away.

I'm a bit late to the party (I'm not such a stalker of the forum these days) Excellent news to hear of a potential new club. Opening a place of my own is still my long term dream so to have one opening somewhat near me in Chelmsford is very exciting. Best of luck to you! I'm not much of a player anymore as my mojo has escaped me since opening the repairs business but I'm sure our paths will cross soon. All the best!
Well James, we have to do something about your mojo. Definitely our paths will cross as I will need your help when I won’t be able to fix things myself. Till now I’ve managed well but the spare office it’s slowly filling up with pins with problems.
This looks like a great idea @Hiltoncriss I'll definitely aim to head down at some point, as just over an hour away from me I think
That’s great to hear Andy.
Great idea I’d attend ,I’m not that far away.
See you soon Robert.
Alice Cooper?
Well done! Finally! During December I will send a PM to everyone that managed to guess the pins in this post, with a voucher that will offer a free session during the month of January. Thank you!
Can't wait to see some photos of venue and list of pinballs
The website was supposed to be ready tomorrow but unfortunately that won’t happen.

I can’t do any pictures with the place right now as three pins are completely stripped and the place looks like hell. Hopefully next week the website will be up and running.

About the pin list I’m not sure right now about the 30 machines that will be set up. I have to decide about the ones that will go in. I guess that the working ones and the recently cleaned and waxed ones will win. Next week I will know for sure and the list will be available on the website.

Although 140 miles away (@AlanJ we could car share sometime), just wanted to register my support for your venture! Good Luck and hope to get down at some point.
Only the other side of J29.
If you fancy some car sharing give me a shout.
Great to have another club in the UK.
Thanks for this.

Hello everyone!

After a long struggle and after managing to lose half of the website last week, (mainly the description written by my daughter for each pinball machine), the website https://www.thepinballoffice.co.uk it’s up and running. Unfortunately it still needs work on the booking system and proper pictures along with description for the machines, but at least you can see all the pinball machines available. The list will chance a bit till opening.

First session will be held on the 4th of December (one week late, sorry I apologise for this). During the month of December we will have 3 session held on the first 3 Saturdays (4th, 11th, 18th of Dec) between 10:30-14:30. The entry fees collected will go towards the Alzheimer’s Society. Each session will be limited to 20 participants 9to find out if I will cope with you guys). As soon as the bank verifies everything about the booking page, I will let you know and all 3 sessions will be available for booking. this should happen till the end of the next week.

Hope to see you soon!

Doh, working all the dates except one where we're down in Salisbury at Special When Lit.
Hopefully next year!

Doh, working all the dates except one where we're down in Salisbury at Special When Lit.
Hopefully next year!
In this case for you @David_Vi and Claire @Lecari we have to sort out something else. Can you pop in for a coffee during the week? If we find a slo time and day that suits you and me, we can do it. I’m sure we can.

Back
Top Bottom