What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Office - Pinball Club https://www.thepinballoffice.co.uk/

At the moment, it looks like I can do 22nd or 29th (dependent on when a funeral I have to attend is arranged for - I should know the date this coming week hopefully).

... or maybe even both?? 👍
🙂

ETA - Particularly looking forward to having a first go on WCS, Diner, Popeye, and Houdini.
Houdini is amazing mate

Well I somehow managed to get more friends to come along with me on the 29th Jan than I actually have friends... 8-10 of us by the looks of it!

Please talk to me though, trying to worm my way in to the local pinball scene ;) I'll be the one with blue/green hair.
You'll have an awesome time!

The 29th is when @David_Vi and I are holding our own event but hopefully we'll see you next time! :)

It’ll be a little while before I can make it mate
Fair enough - I'll certainly be going again as it's now the closest pinball place to where I live!

@Hiltoncriss - I've just tried to book for this Saturday (22nd), and the authorisation box for card payment is greyed out. I've sent a message via the contact form on your website, but thought I'd also mention it here in case you see this first. Hope to hear back from you shortly.

EDIT - @Hiltoncriss - please disregard the payment issue - I just received an invoice email and paid successfully via the link in the email. I'll be there on Saturday 👍

Last edited:
Just wanted to drop a line thanking @Hiltoncriss for a very enjoyable session today. The games are in great condition, there's a very good selection and the location is good. I'd certainly recommend anyone thinking of going to check it out!

Got to play (and really enjoyed) quite a few new games - Popeye, Diner, Star Wars Episode 1, Houdini, Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, and The Hobbit.

Really good to catch up with @Den - aka Wolfgang - really enjoyed the games with you on all these different machines, and apologies for ending up taking quite a while on the Hobbit at the end - didn't expect it to last that long! :)

Small world, a fellow train driver posted a photo of Pinball today on FB, I recognised the pinball office straight away. 😁

So non pinball people are learning it! Have you done any advertising @Hiltoncriss ?
I wonder how she discovered it?

Just wanted to drop a line thanking @Hiltoncriss for a very enjoyable session today. The games are in great condition, there's a very good selection and the location is good. I'd certainly recommend anyone thinking of going to check it out!

Got to play (and really enjoyed) quite a few new games - Popeye, Diner, Star Wars Episode 1, Houdini, Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, and The Hobbit.

Really good to catch up with @Den - aka Wolfgang - really enjoyed the games with you on all these different machines, and apologies for ending up taking quite a while on the Hobbit at the end - didn't expect it to last that long! :)
You are more than welcome Conrad and thank you for your nice comments. Well done for obliterating my high score on The Hobbit. If you ever want to swap or sell your TNA please let me know. It will be always cherished at the Club and you will be able to play on any Saturday :)

Small world, a fellow train driver posted a photo of Pinball today on FB, I recognised the pinball office straight away. 😁

So non pinball people are learning it! Have you done any advertising @Hiltoncriss ?
I wonder how she discovered it?
Hi David. Google was the culprit for sure.

I would second all the above. My first visit today, and it was great fun and will definitely go again. Great score on the Hobbit- it was exhausting just to watch! Hopefully catch up with you and Den - aka Wolfgang on another visit…

Was a great few hours at the office- great to catch up mate; you absolutely bossed it on Diner and Hobbit! Good game on Episode 1 too; wasn't expecting to enjoy that game so much.

Thanks again to @Hiltoncriss ; immaculate collection of great machines (even enjoyed Popeye!...) and such a welcoming atmosphere.
Was great to meet @Andy.S in person and to meet @Hatoof (Graham?) and the other guys there today.
Took a shine to Houdini; think that might be on my list if I ever part with Metallica.

Rail replacement service from Broxbourne was a bit of a ball ache, but without that issue, easy to get to (anyone know when normal train service will resume?..) and looks like some good coffee and food places in the vicinity- see you next time!

As I enjoyed this so much last week, and it's not too far away, I've booked for another visit tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing Chris again, possibly a couple of others who may be going, and meet some new faces too!
I'm there Monday helping Chris keeping his pinball collection in top, top condition.

Our first visit to The Office today. Very enjoyable, a good selection of pins. Well presented, Chris was very accomodating. Would be a great place to visit in the summer to enjoy some of the ouside space by the canal in between playing pinball! Would recomend folks to pay a visit.

What an awesome set-up you have Chris. And seemingly the only place in the area, outside of London, doing anything like this.

I managed to get 7 newbies having a great time, and several said, (without prompting!), that they'd come back again 😁

I spent quite a bit of time doing a bit of coaching. Not that I'm any good, but I can atleast say "try aim for this, hit the flashy things, you almost killed the kraken!" etc.

With any luck you figure out your AFM hiccup, I'd love to throw one of the guys on that. Nothing more simply satisfying than knocking out the saucer.

Thanks so much for hosting and it was nice to chat to you, albeit fairly briefly. Everyone had rumbling stomachs by that point...

I'm really looking forward to being back soon to give myself a chance to play a bit more 😉

What's the issue with AFM?
I noticed when I visited that the ball doesn't fire all the way around to the left flipper for a super skill shot.
I forgot to mention obviously and thought someone would have noticed by now anyway 😁

I noticed when I visited that the ball doesn't fire all the way around to the left flipper for a super skill shot.
I forgot to mention obviously and thought someone would have noticed by now anyway 😁
Chris and friends are working on it today, assume he doesn't mind me sharing... Playfield up - everything buzzes out fine. Playfield down, immediate short of one of the fuses.

So unfortunately the whole thing was just turned off yesterday.

Chris and friends are working on it today, assume he doesn't mind me sharing... Playfield up - everything buzzes out fine. Playfield down, immediate short of one of the fuses.

So unfortunately the whole thing was just turned off yesterday.
Yes, Reece is right. Fuse 103 (hi power solenoids) keeps on shorting with the playfield in the normal position. When I lift the playfield up, all is good. Alan with Alfie will come by tomorrow and help me with this one as I’m out of ideas. The coils are ok, cabling looks ok etc…

As I enjoyed this so much last week, and it's not too far away, I've booked for another visit tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing Chris again, possibly a couple of others who may be going, and meet some new faces too!
Conrad @C&C It was nice seeing you again. I forgot to check the score on my BK. I’ve seen that you had a few plays on it. I have a feeling that I’m not the GC anymore. Will see on Monday.
Our first visit to The Office today. Very enjoyable, a good selection of pins. Well presented, Chris was very accomodating. Would be a great place to visit in the summer to enjoy some of the ouside space by the canal in between playing pinball! Would recomend folks to pay a visit.
Clive @clive2017, Diane @Diane B thank you for your visit. It was nice meeting you. I’m right if I say that the third member of your party was Stan?
What an awesome set-up you have Chris. And seemingly the only place in the area, outside of London, doing anything like this.

I managed to get 7 newbies having a great time, and several said, (without prompting!), that they'd come back again 😁

I spent quite a bit of time doing a bit of coaching. Not that I'm any good, but I can atleast say "try aim for this, hit the flashy things, you almost killed the kraken!" etc.

With any luck you figure out your AFM hiccup, I'd love to throw one of the guys on that. Nothing more simply satisfying than knocking out the saucer.

Thanks so much for hosting and it was nice to chat to you, albeit fairly briefly. Everyone had rumbling stomachs by that point...

I'm really looking forward to being back soon to give myself a chance to play a bit more 😉
Thank you Reece @OTRawrior Probably next time we will catch up. Thank you for bringing your friends. New bold is always welcome in the hobby.

Is
Yes, Reece is right. Fuse 103 (hi power solenoids) keeps on shorting with the playfield in the normal position. When I lift the playfield up, all is good. Alan with Alfie will come by tomorrow and help me with this one as I’m out of ideas. The coils are ok, cabling looks ok etc…
the coin door switch active when the playfield is up?

Is

the coin door switch active when the playfield is up?
Hi Neil,

:)) yes, it‘s closed. Luckily the AFM Remake board has the leds next to every fuse So I have any excuse for forgetting to close the coin door. I must admit that years ago I’ve done that mistake a few times. Do you have any other ideas of what could it be? It’s a short somewhere, I hope to find it tomorrow, probably it’s just a silly thing. I bet that Eagle Eye Alan @Happypin will spot it quick.

Back
Top Bottom