What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Office League - Season 5 starts 20th April

Lecari

Site Supporter
I am excited to announce that The Pinball Office will be hosting a regular league twice a month, starting Saturday 4th February 2023.

Season 5 will be starting from Saturday 20th April 2024. This is an IFPA certified league.

This will be based on a Best Game format. You will have 8 games to play, listed on a scoresheet, that you complete and hand in when you’ve finished (getting someone to sign and verify the scores are correct). You only get 1 attempt at each game on the list.

The winner of each event will receive free entry to the Office, with an ongoing leaderboard kept of everyone’s results. The winner and best newcomer at each event receive a free entry voucher for their next voucher!

If you attend at least 4 of 6 meets, you will be eligible for the finals. There will be trophies for the top 3 players!

How does it work?
Book onto one of the two sessions on the League days as normal via The Pinball Office website in advance (either 10:30 - 13:00 or 14:00 - 17:00).
When you arrive, let us know you’d like to take part in the league (there’s no extra charge!). You’ll be given a list of games to play – between 8-10). Everyone gets the same list of games.
You then play 1 game only of each of the pinballs on the list (in any order), record your score, get someone to sign each one as a witness, and submit the completed score sheet.
You only get 1 go at each pinball on the list, and no chance to practise on it beforehand (that way it's the same for everyone).
Once you’ve handed in your score sheet, relax – your scores will be added to a spreadsheet which will be shown on a screen, so you can see how you compare to others.

Season 5 dates::
  1. 20th April
  2. 4th May
  3. 25th May
  4. 1st June
  5. 15th June
  6. 13th July
  7. Finals - 27th July (from 11am)
Other things to note:
  • The games will be chosen at random for each meet.
  • While you can attend as many meets as you’d like, you will need to attend at least 4 sessions (out of 6) in the 3 month period to qualify for the quarterly prizes.
  • Extra balls will be turned off on each game.

Last edited:
We had 25 people join in the first league meet yesterday (including me and @Hiltoncriss) - we were blown away by how many people took part, it definitely exceeded our expectations!

Congratulations to Ryan Wood, this week's winner - I think it was his first time at the Office! Well done as well to @AndyB in second, Emily Stokes in third (especially as she almost didn't take part!), @PAZ in fourth and Zoe Kent in 5th (her second time ever playing pinball!).

Really excited about the buzz yesterday especially in the morning's session. The next one is on Saturday 18th February.

Attachments

• 2023-02-04 Results.PNG
    2023-02-04 Results.PNG
    37.8 KB · Views: 51
Had a great day today at the office, loving the league, it just adds that little bit of competitive fun, also good to see the place so busy.
Wish I lived closer, and life wasn’t so busy, or I’d be down every weekend
Well played mate, some great top scores on Whitewater and Batman66!

Gave those tough nuts Andy and Pete some good competition.

Congrats @AndyB on first place 👏

Had a great day today at the office, loving the league, it just adds that little bit of competitive fun, also good to see the place so busy.
Wish I lived closer, and life wasn’t so busy, or I’d be down every weekend
Ditto here, really good day, it was busy but it still worked well, plenty of other machines available not in the competition. I played absolutely dreadfully, but it was great to have a good chat to you, and @Lecari and @David_Vi, among others.

Big congrats to @AndyB, @PAZ and @Doggard, our top 3 this week! Amazing scores.

Andy, please message @Hiltoncriss to arrange your free entry for next time you come :)

The next meet is Saturday 4th March - please do book ASAP to avoid disappointment if you'd like to join in, as today's sessions booked up very fast!

Attachments

• League meet 2 results.PNG
    League meet 2 results.PNG
    106.6 KB · Views: 33
Big congrats to @AndyB, @PAZ and @Doggard, our top 3 this week! Amazing scores.

Andy, please message @Hiltoncriss to arrange your free entry for next time you come :)

The next meet is Saturday 4th March - please do book ASAP to avoid disappointment if you'd like to join in, as today's sessions booked up very fast!
Thanks @Lecari I was pretty surprised, had some decent games, but didn't do well on others such as Batman and Addams. Well done to @PAZ and @Doggard good solid play from both.

It was great to see so many people there really enjoying it, and getting to chat to some of them.

Massive thanks to @Lecari for running things, and @Hiltoncriss for hosting.

I'm aiming to be at PBR on March 6th so maybe I'll see you there mate 👍
Mate, I know you are hot stuff after topping the Pinball Office league but would recommend aiming to come to PBR for March 5th instead as that is when the tournament is. If you come on Mar 6th it might just be you and Ben standing around outside telling each other about how well you both played on Saturday...

Mate, I know you are hot stuff after topping the Pinball Office league but would recommend aiming to come to PBR for March 5th instead as that is when the tournament is. If you come on Mar 6th it might just be you and Ben standing around outside telling each other about how well you both played on Saturday...
🤣🤣🤣🤣 oops the 5th it is then. Getting very confused with all these tourneys, it's my old brain

Yup see you both oh Sunday 5th march. Will be overnight in Croydon due to the 10am start on the Sunday. I’ll be at the travel lodge central Croydon

Congratulations to Nathan Garwood, winner of Saturday's league meet - amazing scores!

I've also attached the updated version of the overall score table so far - @AndyB is just ahead of @PAZ and Ryan Wood at the moment.

The next one is 18th March - who's joining us? :)

Attachments

• 2023-03-04 Q1 progress.PNG
    2023-03-04 Q1 progress.PNG
    20.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 2023-03-04 Pinball Office League 3.png
    2023-03-04 Pinball Office League 3.png
    112 KB · Views: 30
Congrats to @C&C, the winner of this week's league meet! @PAZ and Nathan were our 2nd and 3rd places this week.

I've listed the current overall league standings on a Google spreadsheet, as it's getting to be quite a long list and was hard to get screenshots of!

Attachments

• 2023-03-18 Pinball Office League 4 results.PNG
    2023-03-18 Pinball Office League 4 results.PNG
    112.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2023-03-18 Pinball Office League Q1 pt1.PNG
    2023-03-18 Pinball Office League Q1 pt1.PNG
    21.6 KB · Views: 15
Congratulations to Nathan Garwood, winner of Saturday's league - followed closely by Dan Pocklington and @PAZ and @marcgatward. Just one more session of this season to go! :)

Attachments

• 2023-04-08 Pinball League scores.PNG
    2023-04-08 Pinball League scores.PNG
    125.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
The next season of the league will be IFPA registered - following demand from attendees (especially @PAZ :D). The format will remain the same, but there will be a finals day added at the start of August for the top 10 or 15% of players (whichever is highest).

The Season 2 dates are:
May: 13th and 20th
June: 3rd and 17th
July: 15th and 29th
Finals day: 5th or 12th August (whichever is most convenient for the majority)

Get them in your diaries!

The next season of the league will be IFPA registered - following demand from attendees (especially @PAZ :D). The format will remain the same, but there will be a finals day added at the start of August for the top 10 or 15% of players (whichever is highest).

The Season 2 dates are:
May: 13th and 20th
June: 3rd and 17th
July: 15th and 29th
Finals day: 5th or 12th August (whichever is most convenient for the majority)

Get them in your diaries!
IFPA registration might attract some riff-raff from South London I fear ;-)
Added to my calendar,

Big congratulations to Nathan Garwood @NateG119 and Dan Pocklington, who were joint 1st for Saturday's meet - with @OTRawrior just behind in 3rd! This means that Nathan has just jumped ahead, winning season 1 - with Dan and @PAZ in joint 2nd place, and @AndyB in 4th. Well done all!

Thanks everyone who has attended sessions in season 1, even if you could only make it once or twice - I really appreciate the support and it's been fantastic to see the league doing so well, as I wasn't sure how many would want to join in. We've had 59 people join in total, with 24 attending 2+ meets and 17 attending the full 4 of 6 sessions, which is amazing.

Full spreadsheet here for those interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eskyxPxOAVz59WznVIMhPNoFru0696sE-hd571znd4E/edit?usp=sharing

Really excited to see what happens in season 2 (which will be IFPA registered, incase you missed that!), starting on 13th May!

Attachments

• 2023-04-22 Pinball Office meet 6 scores.PNG
    2023-04-22 Pinball Office meet 6 scores.PNG
    123.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Q1 final results.PNG
    Q1 final results.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 19
I do apologise for replying so late (ongoing health issues aren’t helping)

A big thank you to everyone that participated.

Nate and Dan, I will send the free entry vouchers for the 6th league meet.

Congratulations to our winner, Nate. The price, 5 free entry vouchers will arrive in your email today.

Well done Pete and Dan for your second place win! 3 free entry vouchers for each coming up in your emails.

I’m very proud to have on our team all of you guys.

Thank you Claire and Dave for organising the league!

See you all in the next one.

Could you let me know please as prices for Season 2 would you prefer again free entries or trophies?

Congrats to @PAZ - winner of Saturday's league competition! Great play from @Hiltoncriss and @David_Vi too!

Next meet is this Saturday, 20th May - make sure you book in advance through the Pinball Office website if you want to join in. The league is IFPA registered now too.

Attachments

• 2023-05-13 Results.PNG
    2023-05-13 Results.PNG
    100.1 KB · Views: 13

Attachments

• 2023-05-20 Results.PNG
    2023-05-20 Results.PNG
    115.1 KB · Views: 11

Attachments

• League meet 3 results.PNG
    League meet 3 results.PNG
    120.3 KB · Views: 29