What's new

The Pinball Arcade: Williams/Bally tables no longer available to purchase from 30th June

Sebadude

Registered
5Years
Announcement on Facebook today. If you already own the tables on TPA you're fine, but if you don't, you won't be able to buy them after 30th June.

Perhaps the developers can agree new terms and keep the tables before this date, but if not, you have a little while to decide about any purchases.

Savage, this has to be the beginning of the end for them.. but after buying tables on one platform and realising i don't get them on another platform or a new phone etc i haven't bought anything from them in ages

plus i'm fairly sure it's easy to torrent games or just unlock them at the software level, if i cared enough i might have tried.

although i also didn't care enough to hack the **** out of their servers either and get their database but i still managed to do that somehow

I havent bought anything from them in a few years, I fully appreciate the amount of time and work that goes into creating a table but i would rather play any table i want for free on an emulator than pay £6+ for one of theirs. Plus the ball physics have never sat well with me, something just seems off.

What they have done for pinball is amazing, think of the amount of players that have started playing in leagues and tournements, even just for fun because of the pinball arcade. I really hope they can re-negotiate their terms and keep the tables otherwise I really cant see it ending too well for them

It's been really the only place to play some tables until there's some sort of expo coming up, I'd hope williams/bally have had a better offer. They'd be fools to pass up the free licensing money with someone else doing the work

Oh wow. That's bad news indeed, hopefully they can get it relicensed.

I own every table for this damned thing and it's definitely to blame for my presence in pinball today.

Wow, this is disappointing news. Thanks for the heads up though.From the list they released looks like I'm missing just three, so might as well collect the set while I can I suppose :/

1Tales of the Arabian Nights
2Theatre of Magic
3Medieval Madness
4The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot
5Cirqus Voltaire
6FunHouse
7Gorgar
8Monster Bash
9Black Knight
10Creature from the Black Lagoon
11Elvira and the Party Monsters
12No Good Gofers
13Taxi
14Scared Stiff
15Twilight Zone
16Star Trek: The Next Generation
17Attack from Mars
18Dr. Dude & HIs Excellent Ray
19Firepower
20Cactus Canyon
21Space Shuttle
22White Water
23Centaur
24PIN•BOT
25The Champion Pub
26Whirlwind
27Terminator 2: Judgment Day
28Fish Tales
29Black Rose
30Black Knight 2000
31WHO Dunnit
32High Speed
33Junk Yard
34Diner
35Bram Stoker's Dracula
36The Party Zone
37Earthshaker
38The Addams Family
39Cyclone
40Jack Bot
41Xenon
42Red and Ted's Road Show
43Safe Cracker
44The Getaway: High Speed 2
45F-14 Tomcat
46No Fear: Dangerous Sports
47Judge Dredd
48Fireball
49Hurricane
50Inianapolis 500
51Eight Ball Deluxe
52Doctor Who
53Swords Of Fury
54Paragon
55Firepower II
56World Champion Soccer
57Fathom
58Spanish Eyes
59Wild Card
60Banzai Run
61Sorcerer

I saw that list and I don't understand two things:
  1. El Dorado is not a WMS/Bally, why is it on the list? Have they mistakenly included it just because the EM version is sold in a twin pack with Fireball?
  2. Surely the hack table Dr. Who: Masters of Time cannot be sold as it is a mod/overlay over Dr. Who's ROM?
I assume these two points are both errors in a hastily assembled list (an earlier version of this list had the display types in the name for Xenon and Cyclone.) Typical Farsight Seal-of-Quality on this list. I overlook it but they really do anger a lot of people with their sloppiness.

I wonder why the hell the rights holders refused to extend the license. Do they hate money? (I would semi-seriously answer 'yes' to that myself based on certain past histories of them) Have they got their own alternative digitisation ideas planned? Is it just about how much money and Farsight is struggling to find enough?

Also, is the news because rights negotiations have totally broken down and there's no more hope, or is this a last-gasp attempt to demonstrate demand?

1. El Dorado is not a WMS/Bally, why is it on the list? Have they mistakenly included it just because the EM version is sold in a twin pack with Fireball?
  2. Surely the hack table Dr. Who: Masters of Time cannot be sold as it is a mod/overlay over Dr. Who's ROM?
I assume these two points are both errors in a hastily assembled list (an earlier version of this list had the display types in the name for Xenon and Cyclone.) Typical Farsight Seal-of-Quality on this list. I overlook it but they really do anger a lot of people with their sloppiness.

I wonder why the hell the rights holders refused to extend the license. Do they hate money? (I would semi-seriously answer 'yes' to that myself based on certain past histories of them) Have they got their own alternative digitisation ideas planned? Is it just about how much money and Farsight is struggling to find enough?

Also, is the news because rights negotiations have totally broken down and there's no more hope, or is this a last-gasp attempt to demonstrate demand?

PPS must have pulled the plug...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hence the subsequent question... do they hate money, or are they planning some other way of digitally selling tables? Pinball Arcade is not even in the same ballpark as 'without fault' of course, but trying to start again from scratch in some other venture is a folly.

I own every table for this damned thing and it's definitely to blame for my presence in pinball today.

It's 100% the reason I'm into pinball, Farsight have cost me a freakin' fortune :D( in machines, not in buying their releases as I'm a beta tester ). I had zero interest in pinball until TPA came along.

Back
Top Bottom