What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Not Another Birthday Tournament" Tournament

Moonraker

Site Supporter
SUNDAY 25TH OCTOBER 2015, 10:30–18:00

TOURNAMENT
All day head-to-head matchplay with no knockout and NO elimination. We hope to play 25 rounds with the next round starting as soon as the previous round has finished.

SWL will be open from 10:30 and the tournament will start promptly at 11:00. The event will end after the last match has been played after 17:30. Please ensure you can stay for the duration of the tournament.

During matches the lowest ranked WPPR competitor will play first. The second player will be expected to finish the game early if the first player's score has been exceeded on the last ball.

If any of the top four places are tied at the end of the day there will be a play-off on a randomly drawn game. If all of the top four places are tied then there will be a final.

WPPR points will be awarded.

COST
£10 per person (under-14s £5)

REGISTRATION
Please email peter@specialwhenlit.co.uk to confirm your attendance.

Entry is limited to a maximum of 52 people.

EXPECTED MACHINES (SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY)
Attack From Mars
Black Knight
Catcus Canyon Continued
Genesis
Medieval Madness
Metallica Master Of The Puppets LE
Monster Bash
Pink Panther
Space Hawks
Spirit
Terminator 2
The Getaway: High Speed II
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Theatre Of Magic
Transformers Combo LE
Tron:Legacy
Twilight Zone (3rd Magnet Installed)
Whitewater
World Challenge Soccer
WWF Royal Rumble
X-Men Pro

Address: Unit 5, Loyal Trade Business Park, Stephenson Road, Salisbury SP2 7NS.

The usual nibbles, tea, coffee and water are free of charge. Any items from the fridge must be paid for - eg. cans of fizzy drink and chocolate, etc.

These are not for profit events for supporters of Special When Lit that help raise funds to keep Special When Lit open.

Oh and a reminder that the clocks go back 1 hour (an extra hours sleep) on Sunday...! :D

Thanks for a great day, a little long for oldies, and i'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get a wooden spoon for being last!:rolleyes:

Congratulations to Greg on winning the Not Another Birthday Tournament Tournament, to Dan for Best Junior and to Moira for Best Lady.

Here are the results:
1 Greg Mott
2 Ivan Miles
3 David Mainwaring
4= Lukasz Romanowksi
4= Oscar Evrenos
4= Dan Wallace
4= Andrew Wilson
8= Peter Blakemore
8= Vin Jauhal
8= Mat Vince
11= Justin Walker
11= Punk Stig
13= Nick Hamill
13= Thomas Evrenos
13= Nick Baxter-Sibley
16 Austin Smith
17 Moira Ross
18 Tim Thornton
19 Ian Wallace

Many thanks to everyone who supported this event, what an excellent days pinball. :clap:

I'll 2nd/3rd/4th those comments - great format & very entertaining day.

Thank you to Peter & Moira for all their hard work in hosting (& to Greg for keeping that spreadsheet working!).

Many thanks to Peter and Moira for an excellent weekend not pinball. If you've never been to Special When Lit highly recommend going to play 22 machines.
Cheers Greg

Congrats on the double win Greg. Sorry I couldnt be there, I was too busy turning half a century so collecting zimmer frame/bus pass/glasses etc. Actually that last one is true. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom