What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Judge has budged.....time to wreck some road!

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
JD has left my kitchen today to be replaced with RS
biggrin-1.png
Just got it setup and took a couple of pics with my iphone hence the not so great quality. It's very dirty and has quite a few bits and pieces that need fixing/refurbishing but it's a good starting point. Currently trying to resist the temptation to immediately start taking it to bits.

[attachment=711:IMG_0758.jpg]

[attachment=712:IMG_0759.jpg]

Cool I got one about two months ago has a bit of v v lite planking on playfield mine did need a deep clean it was filthy,came up really well mine had the wear on the fish too but it touched in ok

Great trade, incredible machine, Start City hole looks good too, shame about the fish insert, hows the cab fade? Enjoy getting to know it, it will be a treat

Cheers guys, I am really pleased
biggrin-1.png
It has some problems though so would appreciate any help you can give on getting them sorted.

mine had the wear on the fish too but it touched in ok

This seems to be the only pf issue, I've seen decals that can cover it but was thinking about having a go at trying to repaint. Any advice would be welcome on this.

Start City hole looks good too

Yeah the Start City hole seems to be in great shape. Cab fade is not too bad, it has some but not the end of the world. Shaker Motor is nice and strong and the DMD is very good.

The things I want to fix asap and could do with some advice on are:

• All backbox lights are out....guessing this is probably just a fuse
  • Hits to the Ted bulldozer aren't recognised at all. I'm not sure how this works so whats the best way to diagnose the issue?
  • The Bobs Bunker hole doesn't kick the ball back out until a ball search (it does then)...is this going to be a dodgy switch or one thats needs adjusting?

With the above sorted then its a good player, ready for teardown and cleaning. I'd like to try and have a go at fixing the above stuff tonight so if anyone could help asap it would be appreciated
smile-1.png

do red and ted work ok?

Ted seems ok apart from the bulldozer not picking up hits. Red's eyes seemed to have seized shut, I can hear the click of eyes moving but the lids won't open. I'm guessing this can be solved by stripping it all down, cleaning and replacing bits where necessary?

Yeah back box lights check the fuses ,could be a burned out connector on board ,bobs bunker check switch in test menus first if that's ok check solenoid t test,teds dozer I think is a magnetic switch actually set in the payfield you can see this under ted on playfield underside again check in test first

Strip reds head apart there is a white plastic rod with a clip on it it may be worn or snapped it operates the eyes and one for the lids I think

She looks in pretty good nic.

Another game to learn and one that pretty hard to complete. Its a great under rated game that many people pass on because of the music and theme. In my book its one of Lawlor's top games along with TAF and TZ.

Go on and wreck some road.

Has anyone here managed to complete every single city? It requires going across the country at least 3 times (and thats with some serious pop bumper skills!) and 3 super paydays!

I got to do every one and couldn't quite finish Godzilla on the west coast , Ball drained before I could get it finished. Thats the closest I have come to finishing it.

Its rock hard, but it keeps you coming back for more.

It really is rock hard, I managed it once, its a bit of an anti climax (WOW!). I only managed it with extra balls switched on, there are loads of ways to earn extras aren't there, it was over 13 billion and getting a billion in bonus by the end. Still felt great though

I enjoyed playing RS at the Slam, it was put on my list of "Maybe, in the future".

Good luck with the fixes and "Strip, strip, strip!".
wink-1.png

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1692883 said:
  • The Bobs Bunker hole doesn't kick the ball back out until a ball search (it does then)...is this going to be a dodgy switch or one thats needs adjusting?

As well as the switches , IIRC there is a solenoid and small gate/arm set up that is involved in locking/releasing balls. Its not uncommon for this to break /get damaged and then cause issues. I recall sorting one on a friends a few years back.

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1692883 said:
The things I want to fix asap and could do with some advice on are:

• All backbox lights are out....guessing this is probably just a fuse

Fuse or connector

• Hits to the Ted bulldozer aren't recognised at all. I'm not sure how this works so whats the best way to diagnose the issue?

As linked to you but it's just a case of setting the pot on the eddy board

Could be just adjustment, more likely a wire off. Doesn't it just roll from the bunker into start city? In which case, check that the start city switch connector (under playfield) hasn't been swapped with the bunker switch (easily done)

> eyes seemed to have seized shut, I can hear the click of eyes moving but the lids won't open.

Broken link normally, cost about a fiver

Good luck with the fixes and "Strip, strip, strip!".

Steady on fella, it's not that kind of forum
wink-1.png

Thanks all for the pointers, just got back from work so will have a play with it now. Still wondering what people think about fixing the fish insert wear....should I break out the paints or is a decal the way to go?

I'll start another shop log thread for this one if people are interested?

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1692938 said:

It's nice for you to show people what you're doing and nice for you to look back at so yes get it done
smile-1.png

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1692938 said:

I'll second that, it is good to see how people fix things but also a quick reference for all of us later.
smile-1.png

No worries, I'll get the camera charged and start this weekend
biggrin-1.png

The bulldozer is now recognising hits again, as people suggested it was just the eddy boards that needed adjusting. Checked the GI fuses and they seem ok so will have to check the connectors tomorrow. The Bob's bunker hole is still playing up, everything is connected but I think some of the switches are worn out. I'm going to take the whole scoop mech out for a proper look though.

Noticed that some of the city inserts have sunk into the pf a bit. Is the best way to level these to heat from below with a hairdryer and then tap back up level with a socket of the same size?

Is it just me or is red quite hot in a weird kind of way...! I would get a new board or replace pot, if it has done it once it will do it again - i had same issue on Scared stiff until replaced the bloody thing. It always seemed to go wrong at the worse possible time! I never got to play RoadShow at the Slam. You bringing it to daventry? Very whacky theme - i bet its good n all!

JB

Lets just say that unless you've seen Frank Bona get over 4b against poor Martin Ayub then you aint lived.... (had to feel sorry for poor Martin!)

Back
Top Bottom