What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! The Hobbit

Godzilla

Registered
Hi all,
newbie alert! I am after a Hobbit machine joined to keep a watch if anyone is selling one - have tried Phil who is very helpful over at Pinball Heaven he's on the lookout too being very helpful (cheers Phil). I am quite fussy so needs to be as immaculate as able for home games room, ideally from a private collector like me :)

I have seen there were a few later mods to the game such as revised ramp set and springs/inserts for the pop-up's so hopefully thats all done if a machine did come up. I am in Exeter but may travel for right machine (if I am lucky enough to find one).

Any input on the game most welcome - reason for this choice is the theme and want to try a JJP machine they look awesome and very immersive.

Have the LOTR machine stern atm.

Cheers, Martin

Good to see another South West guy on here Martin. If you're ever Bridport way and fancy a game of something hit me up. Good luck in your search

I’m SW too but Wales, I’ve traveled all over the UK to get my collection together. I prefer to collect and meet other fanatics!
I’m lucky enough to have a van sitting around which is very handy.
Hope you find a nice one👍

Hobbit is a great game for at home, so good choice! I have a Black Arrow Edition and I can honestly say it is the most free flowing game I have played.

I cannot see mine leaving, as it so deep and also looks amazing!

Good luck in your search, they do come up on here, but tend to seek quick from what I ve seen. I am surprised Phil cannot get you a NIB, as I thought they were still in production.

Mine doesn’t have upgraded ramps or pop up springs, should I be concerned?

Thanks everyone for the welcome and comments.

Mine doesn’t have upgraded ramps or pop up springs, should I be concerned?
I only found this out whilst browsing youtube, this may help

I am surprised Phil cannot get you a NIB, as I thought they were still in production.
The only NIB Phil could get was from a US retailer with no warranty and it wasn't cheap - such a shame I missed the Black Arrow SE :-(

Thanks everyone for the welcome and comments.

I only found this out whilst browsing youtube, this may help

The only NIB Phil could get was from a US retailer with no warranty and it wasn't cheap - such a shame I missed the Black Arrow SE :-(

That’s a shame! Yeah, the Black Arrow Edition was a good deal.

One will pop up, just keep an eye out. Most will be with collectors and I ve never seen any JJP in a commercial environment.

An absolutely amazing pin and a thing of beauty. I have the SE there is however only one negative point to this pin the long games which can easily be 30 mins plus so imagine a 2 player game or more.
A great pin as part of a lineup IMO but if a solo pin expect long sessions.

I thought they were still in production.
I checked this out today with JJ, they did not give me a clear answer but did confirm no stock something like "no Hobbits at this time" - maybe another special will come I guess depends on demand from people like us globally lol! They did not say it was end of line tho.

Now then, on to your signature, fancy selling that BA ? :)

I checked this out today with JJ, they did not give me a clear answer but did confirm no stock something like "no Hobbits at this time" - maybe another special will come I guess depends on demand from people like us globally lol! They did not say it was end of line tho.

Now then, on to your signature, fancy selling that BA ? :)

My understanding was that the entire 750 limited run of the BA Edition was not finished and therefore, I would assume that any additional would be BA. However, with WW and the issues with the Playfield, they have enough on their plate!

I am trying to think of a pinball machine I would want more than The Hobbit and I can only think of one, Star Wars and I am lucky enough to have that! If they ever build a Harry Potter Pinball, then you are in with a chance :0)

My understanding was that the entire 750 limited run of the BA Edition was not finished and therefore, I would assume that any additional would be BA. However, with WW and the issues with the Playfield, they have enough on their plate!

I am trying to think of a pinball machine I would want more than The Hobbit and I can only think of one, Star Wars and I am lucky enough to have that! If they ever build a Harry Potter Pinball, then you are in with a chance :0)

lol I am in for a long wait then ! Its the theme for me, love the Hobbit (and LOTR) and married to the game looks ideal!

Have looked at WOZ and even POTC (which seems to be missing the movie film/sound connections just has artwork) and I am just not sure, WOZ at a push perhaps - mind you POTC does score very high on many reviews and is right up there it seems?? Wish I liked either of them as Phil has both NIB - thats what they call sods law!!!

Patience dear boy!

Patience exactly, they do come up for sale, I have one but like everyone else I can't see myself parting with it, it's just too deep with every game so challenging and immersive!

Food for thought but sometime a break is as good as a holiday, I've done several tempory swaps, 6 months or 1 year with other well known forum members, that way you get a break and a change of scene but you don't have to part with a beloved pin. Perhaps that might be an option down the line if you don't bag (end) one and get something else...

@Godzilla - i came a ball hair to buying a hobbit BA as it looked fantastic but at the last minute went for a BM66.
I know what your saying ref POTC...... I couldn't go there based on JJ not securing the soundtrack licensing, missing out on that breaks it for me.

I have a Hobbit Smaug. Wouldn’t part with it. It’s been faultless, none of the playfield issues either and I have checked over carefully as we probably all are.
They really have managed to capture/ integrate the movie so well. Probably the best use of a licence. Its not my go to pin but it’s certainly a pin to admire!

I have a Hobbit Smaug. Wouldn’t part with it. It’s been faultless, none of the playfield issues either and I have checked over carefully as we probably all are.
They really have managed to capture/ integrate the movie so well. Probably the best use of a licence. Its not my go to pin but it’s certainly a pin to admire!

So this playfield issue thats been mentioned is very new to me - I have had a little read on the forum and is this where the playfield finish is faulting around posts etc? Is it limited to certain games or a certain time change where supplier/materials were swapped? Or am I way off?

I guess what I am asking is would it be wise to get an early hobbit than say the later Black Arrow does anyone know?

I haven’t heard of any issues with any of Hobbits having PF issues....in fact many refer to the Hobbit playfield as being a really good standard ....but hey, I could be wrong. Just going by what I’ve read.

I haven’t heard of any issues with any of Hobbits having PF issues....in fact many refer to the Hobbit playfield as being a really good standard ....but hey, I could be wrong. Just going by what I’ve read.
Same here when I was on the lookout for one there was no mention of issues apart from the ramp hang up and trapdoors that were addressed easily

Good to see another South West guy on here Martin. If you're ever Bridport way and fancy a game of something hit me up. Good luck in your search

I’m in Seaton so right in the middle of you both! Only have one machine which has been in bits since 2011 though [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in Seaton so right in the middle of you both! Only have one machine which has been in bits since 2011 though [emoji17]

Such a lovely part of the country we're very lucky do be down here in the beautiful south west hey. I do travel to Dorchester occasionally passing you both so just maybe once (IF) I have mastered the skill of it all a bit more perhaps I'd consider embarrassing myself against you pro's :thumbs::wave:

What machine have you got in bits then Budgie108?

Cheers for all the welcome messages chaps.

As far as I’m aware and this is going by pinside. You have no issues with WOZ or Hobbit. Seems to have started around the time of DI and POTC. I don’t think many DI were affected though..

Managed to find a NIB BA (thanks to this forum) - thanks also to Phil for all his help over at Pinball Heaven including pointing me in the direction of the forum in the first place.
Hopefully I will share a bit more when it lands next week, in the mean time back to reading all the info on the game there is loads out there! :)
Exciting !!

Such a lovely part of the country we're very lucky do be down here in the beautiful south west hey. I do travel to Dorchester occasionally passing you both so just maybe once (IF) I have mastered the skill of it all a bit more perhaps I'd consider embarrassing myself against you pro's :thumbs::wave:

What machine have you got in bits then Budgie108?

Cheers for all the welcome messages chaps.

Williams IJ, starting to wonder if I’ll ever get it finished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom