What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired The Hobbit (LE - Smaug Gold Edition)

Expired Due to no activity

Spadge

Registered
After some deep consideration and heartache and no doubt something I will regret, I've decided that there's no room in my collection for the latest and greatest. I want to remain with my 90's classics in the main (other than my fanboyism for my Stern AC/DC).

As such I'm happy to accept offers for a mint THLE thats had just 100-200 games and had initial import issues all smoothed out.

It's visually stunning, amazing audio and everything as it should be.

I think that I only really get amicable with machines I spend time and effort on, but since this one is perfect as is, there's nothing for me to add. All my entire collection have been added to, extended or had some work done to them, including a very mint IJ I got just after the hobbit.

I don't really like to move machines on, I agreed to let my LOTR go and kind of regret that (especially as I got it upgraded to LE software and finally got the shaker working great). But I think I'm stuck in the classic Williams/Bally era...

Any interest, let me know. I'm not really interested in a trade/swap. Serious offers only given one of these is £9500 NIB.

Am in Wakefield area. Visitors/tryouts dependent on serious offers only.

Cheers,

Martyn.

Ah ok, apologies, didnt mean to rock the boat :)

I'm inviting offers around £7,750.

Less than I paid and a significant discount on a new machine thats available within days.

And by that I mean shock that you're selling it not the price . Sounds like a bargain.

As the lucky LOTR buyer I should also let other forum users know what a top class chap @Spadge is to deal with

Not a buyer, but can I ask, what are "the initial import issues" that needed smoothing out?

Various problems and issues with the game in terms of the ball getting stuck on play fields, one of the mechs was "always hit" and other bits and bobs like trapped packaging under Smaug stopping/confusing ball capture.

All minor and sorted out, am reassured it's common with NIB tables especially after 2 weeks swaying on a boat!

Was it imported direct if yes doesn't that mean that it is not covered by any warranty as not bought from Phil at pinball heaven.

Would you take a small quantity of 3D character animation as payment? ;)

Spadge, did you happen to keep that bit of what you thought was packaging? I think a guy found the same think on Pinside and it has a proper home somewhere in the game.

Nope. Have you got a link? because the game works perfectly now. It wasn't a part, no way on earth.

Cheers. Both of mine had come off and moved around the playfield into areas that caused loads of issues. The ramps are absolutely fine without those pieces. In hindsight they seem strange additions to the parts. I can't see the need to have them reapplied.

Back
Top Bottom