What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Getaway glass measurements

Optimus Prime

Registered
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what the measurements are for the glass on the playfield of the Getaway? I took mine off earlier and it literally exploded in my hands into thousands of pieces! i didn't even knock it off anything! Couldn't believe it, spent two hours trying to clean it up. Anyways, ive had a look online but just want to be 100% i get the right size, im assuming i can go to a local glass place and get tempered glass to size?

gamersireland.ie_wp_content_uploads_2016_03_File_000.jpeg

Some do stock 5mm but it's rare. They can normally specially order it but then the price rises. I've used 4mm before but have to say it does feel even more fragile!

Ian might know but I always suspected the glass in that getaway wasn't original.
It was prob 4mm allready.

I wonder if there's much difference in noise between 4mm and 5mm

I just assumed you could get 5mm off the shelf but probably not.
Never heard of the glass just exploding in hand. They're usually alot tougher than you think.

Ian might know but I always suspected the glass in that getaway wasn't original.
It was prob 4mm allready.

I wonder if there's much difference in noise between 4mm and 5mm

Not sure, the glass was in it when I got it, never really noticed it being thinner or thicker than others tbh though.. Maybe Liam neeson swapped the glass

Haha thanks guys for the replys, it honestly just shattered to pieces in my hands. My wife was looking at it and laughed her ass off haha. So 5mm is preferable and 533 x 1092 mm tempered with polished sides.

Back
Top Bottom