What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted The Getaway dome motor 100 rpm 12vac 14-7971

biglouieuk

Site Supporter
Alias
robllewellynuk
Getaway HS2 is meant to have a 12v AC motor to drive the beacon on the top.

My HS2 has a 12v DC motor instead and some bespoke wiring to make it work

I am sure that having a 12v DC motor with a diode soldered inline instead of a 12v AC motor is fine...

BUT I'd prefer to have as close to original as possible, so if anyone has one of these, it would be magic!

Thank you :)

The motor I am after...

Screenshot 2020-01-13 18.19.10.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-13 15.07.38.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-13 15.07.38.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20200113_105938.jpg
    IMG_20200113_105938.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Popcorn ready!
No no...

It was working. And I've got it working again this evening due to a loose connection. Troubleshot with the very patient @myPinballs

But it would be nice to have it back to original motor and board set up. Just my personal preference.. :) That is all..

eBay one is Australia and Marco tuther side of the water..If there was one more local, might be handy, so thought I'd ask.

No no...

It was working. And I've got it working again this evening due to a loose connection. Troubleshot with the very patient @myPinballs

But it would be nice to have it back to original motor and board set up. Just my personal preference.. :) That is all..

eBay one is Australia and Marco tuther side of the water..If there was one more local, might be handy, so thought I'd ask.

My dad lives in oz and is coming over in June if that's an option. Pm me if you like.

Get parts all the time from overseas especially if the UK stockists don't have them, and if you think about it, all but 2 pinball machines were made abroad...

Thanks fella. Hope he's not having too much difficulty with the fires. Sad stuff that.

Out of harms way thankfully (Canberra) but that doesn't include the thick noxious smoke they've had to deal with for the last two months. It's hard to believe - no one can work outside, so no garbage being collected, everyone's in gas masks (when you can find them) and you can barely make it to the shops to pickup groceries. Every industry is basically at a standstill.

Honestly if this is now the way of things the country is properly f@cked. Its so sad.

I had 2 fail from marco within 5 mins, DONT DO IT.

They're utter junk.

Noted Phil. Thank you. I've found one in Europe, so will give that a go and fingers crossed its half decent. The current motor works with the DC setup anyway, so I am just being OTT.

Noted Phil. Thank you. I've found one in Europe, so will give that a go and fingers crossed its half decent. The current motor works with the DC setup anyway, so I am just being OTT.

The 'replacement' spins alot faster than the stock one though, so returning to factory is the best option. Was a bit of a challenge to work out why it had stopped working, but we traced it to a bad connection at the driver board's drive end.

That looks like the one!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Incase this is helpful for someone else..

The diagram below, the text refers to the connectors are on the Triac board.. So you can see power comes in on J1 for the MOC, power comes in on J2 to pass through to J3 to power the lamp and the motor... 48vac

Screenshot 2020-01-14 15.34.14.png

J3 on Triac goes out to Resistor board.. Comes in on J2..After the Resistor board its off out to the lamp and the motor through J1...

Screenshot 2020-01-14 15.35.33.png

Circuit above doesnt show the lamp, but it splits off after J1 in a MOLEX, to lamp and to motor.

Maybe its useful, maybe its not. :)

Last edited:
Incase this is helpful for someone else..

The diagram below, the text refers to the connectors are on the Triac board.. So you can see power comes in on J1 for the MOC, power comes in on J2 to pass through to J3 to power the lamp and the motor... 48vac

View attachment 99885

J3 on Triac goes out to Resistor board.. Comes in on J2..After the Resistor board its off out to the lamp and the motor through J1...

View attachment 99888

Circuit above doesnt show the lamp, but it splits off after J1 in a MOLEX, to lamp and to motor.

Maybe its useful, maybe its not. :)

Also the manual says 48vac but it’s actually using the 16vac feed

The colour of the leads may well be an indication of the voltage; 28v Yellow, 50v Brown and 12v Red (or is it Orange?)

I was sure Getaway didn't use 48v for the beacon motor, as I remembered the lamp was a 12v indicator bulb

TRIAC J2-1 and J2-4 meters out at 17.9v on my board. The motor spare part shows 12v at Marcos...nothing feels very 48v in this bit of the machine as @myPinballs mentioned. :)

Back
Top Bottom