What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete The Dark Knight music & sound mod

Big Phil

Site Supporter
Alias
OTWBigPhil
I wasn't sure which section to put this in so I've plopped it in here as it's a kinda shop log.

Love my The Dark Knight pinball but I've never been happy with the speech or music. I'm a massive fan of the trilogy and I listen to the soundtracks almost daily.

Soooooo I decided to alter the music and speech myself. Firstly, I had to trawl through the movies and cut out speech samples. Then I had to fit them into the software. All the samples are a certain length in the software and you have to fit them in. If your replacement is too long, it'll miss off the ending. If it's too short, it'll leave a blank at the end(this part isn't so bad)

I then had to work out which music fitted which mode and work from the soundtrack and match it as best I could. For example, The Chase for the Batmobile mode.

Also, you have custom shout outs for the jackpots etc. I've left these as they are. Not sure what to do with these.....

Anyway, for those that know the game, please take the time to watch it and give me your feedback. Well, all feedback is welcome. Not all voice call outs are spoken in the following clip. There are loads more.

love it dude, just love it. what do i need to get this on mine, do i have to buy some fancy board or is it all on some chip?

sorry i haven't got anything more specific to offer, i'm busy getting drunk as i watch my beloved Spurs currently 4-nil up and another 8 mins left so i just felt relaxed enough to watch this with half an eye and one ear

Excellent Phil, always fancied a BDK and now it's been pushed up the list. Get your self some Flipper Fidelity speakers for it mate. Did this on Tron (just music changes) with speaker upgrade and what a difference. :thumbs:

Great work. Love a pinball browser update especially one where time and effort has been spent like here. Good to see lots of proper speech calls in there to and no 'fake Alfred' !!

Get it up on pinside if not already there mate to

Cheers Jim! Yeah, I posted it on pinside. Got about 30 requests for it.

It still needs a lot of work. I've over amplified a lot of clips and there's too much distortion. Who knows if I'll ever get round to re-modifying it....

Back
Top Bottom