What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Crazy things you buy during lockdown!

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Well this past year during lockdown has seen me buy about 6 pins and the one that stands out for me is R&M and niggles aside it’s a dream theme for me and awesome layout.

However other than pinballs has anyone else threw a curveball and bought something different and a bit wacky?

Here’s a couple of mine:

An electric scooter that does around 40mph top speed and can cover 50mi. BTW my mates does 50 and around 100miles!
Take note: these are not like the little city rental types that go 15mph and although they look small in the pics they are far from it they absolute beasts in the flesh.

Mine is the Zero 10x @ £1750
My mates the Kaaba Wolf Warrior 11 @ £2750

211B17AA-092F-4258-8C05-11F0A0CE6577.jpeg

On the back of this pensioners scrambler which I’m having a blast on BTW I joined a PEV forum (personal electric vehicles) and they were are raving EUC’s so I just had to treat myself for my 60th last week which arrived 2 days ago.

They video says it all.

Now show me your lockdown indulgences

Last edited:
Saw a guy on something similar in Barcelona a coupla years ago - wanted one ever since (but in practice, as my other half quite rightly points out, I'd never use it).

Yeah I was never sure of the legalities of them. Then again, they’re everywhere and policing it would be almost impossible

I have a emtb and it's great fun I've been riding one for over 5 years, personally I think the more electric vehicles they get on the road the better, anyway regardless of what the law is I'm sure they are excellent fun

Well this past year during lockdown has seen me buy about 6 pins and the one that stands out for me is R&M and niggles aside it’s a dream theme for me and awesome layout.

However other than pinballs has anyone else threw a curveball and bought something different and a bit wacky?

Here’s a couple of mine:

An electric scooter that does around 40mph top speed and can cover 50mi. BTW my mates does 50 and around 100miles!
Take note: these are not like the little city rental types that go 15mph and although they look small in the pics they are far from it they absolute beasts in the flesh.

View attachment 135748

On the back of this pensioners scrambler which I’m having a blast on BTW I joined a PEV forum (personal electric vehicles) and they were are raving EUC’s so I just had to treat myself for my 60th last week which arrived 2 days ago.

They video says it all.

And I thought I was a big kid at 45! Good to see you’re still having fun mate - looks great [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet they are fun but don't you get into trouble with the police
I’ve now past several police cars and they have never batted an eyelid although a couple have been intrigued.
I’m lucky I live on the Coast to Coast (C2C) bike path which I’ve done several times on a normal bike over the years.
Sustrans have a really great infrastructure here and I can get pretty much anywhere via bike and now my PEVs

I have a emtb and it's great fun I've been riding one for over 5 years, personally I think the more electric vehicles they get on the road the better, anyway regardless of what the law is I'm sure they are excellent fun
I’ve had 2 e-bikes in the past several years along with lots of normal ones. It’s the only thing that lets me keep up with the missus as she is super fit and bikes most days.

Saw a guy on something similar in Barcelona a coupla years ago - wanted one ever since (but in practice, as my other half quite rightly points out, I'd never use it).
Wife pretty much says the very same thing to me everything I buy pinballs included.
My big son and a few of my friends say “why do you want something like that” and I always reply “why don’t I want something like that” I never get an educated reply it kinda befuddles em.

Wife pretty much says the very same thing to me everything I buy pinballs included.
My big son and a few of my friends say “why do you want something like that” and I always reply “why don’t I want something like that” I never get an educated reply it kinda befuddles em.

"Because it's cool" is my stock answer to any of those sorts of questions, especially why have you bought another pinball, arcade, console etc 😃

“why do you want something like that”
Oh yeah, I've had that with videogames. Out of the 100 say people that see 'em who say, "Oh, cool! Love it!" I had a friend ask, "Why would you want to collect those?" I thought,
You know if I have to explain, you still really aren't going to have a clue, are you? Philistine.

Here’s a couple of mine:

View attachment 135748

They video says it all.

Excellant!! You've got guts, brother. Keep on! Cheering you from the US...never stop having fun.

I’m getting one of these thanks to your recommendation colin our office is moving and it’s a 50 minute walk so excellent excuse for a scooter :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Someone absolutely flew past me on an electric scooter yesterday, must have been similar to yours as it was up a steep hill too, he was just a blur. I was impressed with the speed he was getting out of it but didn't fancy his chances if he crashed into something or fell off.

I think electric scooters are a great idea and hopefully they relax the laws like they have in most other countries. I fancy one myself but haven't got much use for one at the moment.

Someone absolutely flew past me on an electric scooter yesterday, must have been similar to yours as it was up a steep hill too, he was just a blur. I was impressed with the speed he was getting out of it but didn't fancy his chances if he crashed into something or fell off.

I think electric scooters are a great idea and hopefully they relax the laws like they have in most other countries. I fancy one myself but haven't got much use for one at the moment.
Electric scooters are so last year lockdown toys I’m now flying around on this!
A9823A94-A81B-4BC1-93AF-6A802EDB14F9.jpeg

Top speed 43mph but I’ve limited mine to 37 and range upto 80mi I regularly do 40-50mi runs out if fact 3 times this past week due to weather.
Most fun since being a kid on my C50 field bike.

My new suspension one should be here in the next few weeks. 👍

214B70D1-9C84-47BB-B31A-429ED7E0C89A.jpeg

Electric scooters are so last year lockdown toys I’m now flying around on this!
View attachment 173708

Top speed 43mph but I’ve limited mine to 37 and range upto 80mi I regularly do 40-50mi runs out if fact 3 times this past week due to weather.
Most fun since being a kid on my C50 field bike.

My new suspension one should be here in the next few weeks. 👍

View attachment 173710
I watched some of your videos at the weekend. One thing confused me, is that a drone filming you?

I was look at a mono wheel a few years ago but the legality stopped me. I got a cycle and at least exercise now.
But I still want to learn how to ride one as they look so much fun. I have riden Segway’s a lot, seek them out wherever we can. This looks like a practice and realistic home purchase

I was look at a mono wheel a few years ago but the legality stopped me. I got a cycle and at least exercise now.
But I still want to learn how to ride one as they look so much fun. I have riden Segway’s a lot, seek them out wherever we can. This looks like a practice and realistic home purchase
90% of the time I’m on cycle paths as we have a great infrastructure here and I can literally get anyway in a 30mi radius and I’ve passed many police and even stopped and chatted and never had a problem. I think if your sensible and don’t do anything stupid they ok plus when they see an old fart like me they find it well funny.

I was looking in 2017 and things have moved on since then. I am all in favour of these personal electrical transport devices.
Bring it to Daventry so we can with it 😉

Back
Top Bottom