What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold The Addams Family £5500 ono

Flibberflops

Registered
After 15 years of ownership I am regretably selling my machine due to major refurbishment to my house and not really having any space for it in the forseeable future.

I purcased the table in 2005/2006. It was an ebay purchase, the seller was someone in Mid Wales who lived in a Bungalow who had a whole room full of pins in various state of repairs. Since I have owned it, it has had very light use and has been well looked after. I have not really made many changes over the years, It just had a fester added to the chair and the gold rom installed (old rom availible). It came with a few dinks when I purchased it but I have covered everything in critical detail with the three youtube videos below. Should anyone want to have a more personal viewing without travelling I am willing to do a personal skype/zoom video meeting or obviously you can come down to my house to view.

I live just south of Birmingham in a town called Alvechurch. It is only about 4 minutes away from Junction 2 of the M42.

I am not really a pin expert so I am not sure of the exact value of this pin, so I will start at £5500 ono. I'm sure you guys will correct me if i'm far off the mark.

You can phone me (Mick) but I have been advise to take out my number due to scrapers. PM for number

I have tried to be harshly critical in these videos to ensure you can get a jist of the exact state of this pin, please let me know if you feel I have missed anything.

A walk around the TAF case in detail....

A close look at the Playfield....

A look at the back plate and logic board.

A quick video of showing gameplay

Last edited:
By what other TAF have gone for in the condition, I would say £4K -£4.2K..

cabinet needs refurbishing, new Translite, cabinet hardware..

Playfield is in good OK condition, the Mylar in the cloud area looks like it will pull off some Inserts..
Main ramp is cracked on the curve at to of the middle shot..

to make it into a nice TAF looking at around another £1000 of stuff and labour..

Just my 2p worth.
GLWS.

Yeah great advert, real quality job. One of the best I’ve seen. Honest and thorough description of blemishes too.

I chuckled at “you could eat your plate off of it”.

Agree with what @Dave Bishop has said really. Looks like a solid pin, but does need some TLC.

Glad you like the effort I went through to show the exact state of the Pin. I feel its important to be bruitally honest when your are talking a four figure sum!

Regarding the price, I appriciate that simular TAF's have gone previously for the £4k mark. However the very fact that I have had multiple people aready showing keen interest at that price point and someone who offered immediate pickup at that price point only minutes after the add was place seems to indicate towards that estimated price is low. I fully appriciate and respect those who are doing the maths for a full restoration job as an investment or possibly sell on are looking to purchase at a value price but I am prepared for the long haul sale and hence are holding out for the higher price.

Thank you also to those who have PM'ed me to advise on the potential much ebay higher prices. Initially I would like to give it chance for this table to go to someone of the established community who will really value it. Obviously if I cannot sell on here at an agreeable price to all parties then I may move onto ebay at a later date.

Thank you all for the offers so far but to whittle down the process I will just say that atm although I'm not expecting silly ebay prices, i am looking for more towards my price than Bish's valuation.

I would agree that £4k is too low, for anything other than a proper players condition TAF with lots of wear. This clearly isn't that.

I guess it depends on what your expectations are and how keen you are to sell it quickly.

To be honest, I would consider listing it on eBay during one of those £1 Final Value Fee promos for your asking price as well as on here. You're not going to offend anyone. :)

No doubt Ebay is the best option for maximum profit and exposure.

Pinballinfo is for people in the hobby and so offer the machines at what it cost them or a little more, taking into account Mod etc.. Or in some cases at a loss..

if you look at the other TAF sale posts on here at the condition of those games and compare those to your game, you will see that they are priced more realistically for the condition they are in... for this hobbyist site

Last edited:
Thanks Dave.
In that previous TAF you highlighted (that was one of the previous sales I used to ballpark my price) the thread pointed out that it was sold at a low price. Someone even suggested it was a £5k+ machine. Also the pictures were very forgiving, if you zoom in on the case pictures you can see it has had quite a few knocks... and even leg protectors covering any potential damage around the legs etc. However, I guess we could spend all day comapring Apples to Apples. Perhaps foolishly have been carefull to highlight every blemish and mark to be fully transparent but thats the way I prefere to roll!

I have fully taken onboard your comments and appriciate your experienced input, I am always up for a bit of a haggle but at this stage I feel I would be doing an injustice to let it go at that kind of figure.

How difficult will it be to restore? I am a newbie to pins so wondering how difficult it will be for me to take on such a project? 😁

It looks like a good pin mate. Put it up for 5k and take the best offer over a week or so. If i had the cash i would buy it myself. I had one but got rid a while ago - i really like the game.

Thanks Biff.

Just added gameplay video to orginal post to give an idea of its fully working condition. Apologies the video isn't that great quality, it is a nightmare to avoid glass reflections in a conservatory!

I just got free fee's on ebay so this will be listed on ebay soon (god help me!)

Nice video, makes me want to go play mine!
see a credit dot on the DMD.. could just be a simple thing like time & date not set, or a switch not registering in 30-40 games..

Ebay?!? God have mercy on you etc. My Afterburner has been there for 2 days and i’m ready to pull the listing and have a bonfire with it. The crazy questions are funny for the first 5 or 6 queries then you think why am I wasting my time with people who have no intention of buying! eg Asking what year was it made to then say they wanted something a year old at most!!!!! This is my first cab/pin sale on ebay and I’m already regretting it, rest all here or ukvac. Wouldnt want to try it again. Tried and regretted and still have a week of my listing to go but have a few genuine people bidding so i will let it run. Hopefully you have more patience than me but apparently ebay is a soul destroying session for pins and arcades. Heres hoping you get a smoother journey than me atm. GLWS.

Last edited:
I've never watched a video or played a TAF as far thru the game as that. Didn't realise how fantastic the lightshow is. Has a heavy use of flashers with very few inserts.
Are you using incandescents bulbs in those flashers?

Nice example that!

Nice video, makes me want to go play mine!
see a credit dot on the DMD.. could just be a simple thing like time & date not set, or a switch not registering in 30-40 games..

Well Done Thing, you are really on the Ball! It seems I have a microswitch intermittently playing up on switch 38. I Just ordered a replacement.

I've never watched a video or played a TAF as far thru the game as that. Didn't realise how fantastic the lightshow is. Has a heavy use of flashers with very few inserts.
Are you using incandescents bulbs in those flashers?

Nice example that!

Hi,
Yes, it is quite special. The bulbs have never been modified, so it is using the orginal bulbs (not led etc). It just goes to show what a great job they did orginally.

Back
Top Bottom