What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The acronym helper

Haahaha - oops.. I'm still adding stuff to it now... I wondered who would be the first to pick up on it :D

Haahaha - oops.. I'm still adding stuff to it now... I wondered who would be the first to pick up on it :D

Kinda cool and very helpful to anyone without the acronyms database memorised. :)

I notice it doesn't pick up the acronyms in people's signatures though which is where a lot of the acronyms live. Can that functionality be added?

Kinda cool and very helpful to anyone without the acronyms database memorised. :)

I notice it doesn't pick up the acronyms in people's signatures though which is where a lot of the acronyms live. Can that functionality be added?

Have asked the question :) Will let you know :)

Hover over - tells you the machine - Click on and see where it takes you.... ;)

I don't think the links were there directly after I posted. But that is cooooool.

Try again TAF....

Ahh that'll be because the page has to refresh to be able to parse the content, and it doesn't reload the page when you post....

however anyone other than the poster will see them fine, and the poster after a page reload :)

I noticed it in a post I forget, but where someone was saying "I met blah blah in the place that had a pinball machine whatever whatever blah blah and I got drunk, but it was great" (what they actually said made more sense than that). Anyway, "met" became MET (Metallica) :) But anyway, I think this is a cool feature for newbies here. Did our contributions help pay for some module to help this, or have you been busy coding Paul?

No, a tiny amount of the contributions to the site paid for the Add-on, plus around 4-5 hours whilst I've been incapacitated helped me to build up a spreadsheet with all the info on, which I transferred across :)

I can add links to anything else too on here. I was considering Technical Terms, however wasn't sure if that would be needed and also if it would be overkill! :)

Examples would be NIB, SDTM etc etc

Back
Top Bottom