What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Taxi Marilyn £1750

cr5000462

Registered
Alias
CR
Hi All,

Been playing this machine for a while, decided to give it a good overhaul and shift it on, The game has had quite alot of money spent on it to get it working, It was originally purchased as project from a forum member here for £1650, The boards went over to Jim, £325 later they both came back with fully working sound, hooray! A couple hundred more on parts £120-£150ish, powder coating £140 and so on so forth, has us here:

This is the original Marilyn version!

The machine has just been stripped, playfield cleaned, waxed, new rubbers all around, any bulbs where needed have been changed.
The only place LEDS are fitted are under the slings and some in the TAXI topper - Added some nice coloured orange LED flashers to the topper which looks great when active
There is a new fresh Taxi topper installed.
The legs, lockdown bar and side rails have been powder coated a 70% gloss black- LOOKS ACE!
New bolts and leg levellers which are not installed but do come with it,
cabinet protectors
Sound and MPU went over to Jim at mypinballs, they both came back fully working, there is no dodgy hacks on the board, all done correctly, there is no jumpers etc, just has loads of things in sockets now! Gave Jim a headache in the process but the man has sorted it and now fully works
Changed to a new set of flipper buttons in red.
It has had some new plastics in places, the rest have all been cleaned up.
The batteries are off the board

The machine plays beautifully, it's smooth and responsive, fast too!

Overall I would say the cabinet is in good condition, few marks here and there, a little bit of fading but nothing drastic, the backbox is the worse one of the two please see the photos. The worst panel is the very top of the machine which you cant see unless your 7foot +. The underside of the bottom panel took a knock and came to me that way, its not something you see unless you have your head under the playfield, this is shown in the photos
The translite, ideally needs to be replaced, Santa is colourless, (YES! SCREW YOU SANTA! WOULD BE A 1000% BETTER GAME THEME IF YOU WERNT IN IT!)

The playfield itself is nice, clean, fast, There is some wear to a few of the inserts, which are available online to replace if you wish, there is a small mark on the paint in the blue patch in the middle - Please see all the photos.
AT the top part of the playfield, even after a clean there are faint black marks on it, Planking I think they call it?

The sound and music work perfectly.

I have included a few photos to this thread, but there are 65 photos here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmPTez7w

I will be uploading a quick-playing video when my friend next door arrives home to video me.
I will say, in some of the photos, the lighting of the room is poor, it's mixed with natural sunlight so there are some shadows, When the sun goes down tonight I will be taking some more!

Price £2400, It will be going on eBay and other platforms, Happy for martin to come, he is due here within the next week or so.
As you can see from the photos, in this particular house there is renovating going on, the machine lives under a tight-fitting pinball cover, and then a few blankets. ( need the funds, need the room and the space)

What's going to change before sold? The pincup on the legs is NOT included.

Hope you appreciate the work bringing this once dead old machine back to life, and even if you already own one, it gives you some ideas with the powder coating. I hope this machine stays in the community, but things tend to sell faster on ebay,facebook even when the fees are added ontop of the sale price.

Keep safe out there folks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_172051.jpg
    IMG_20200807_172051.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_20200807_165946.jpg
    IMG_20200807_165946.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_20200807_170229.jpg
    IMG_20200807_170229.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_20200807_170313.jpg
    IMG_20200807_170313.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_20200807_170433.jpg
    IMG_20200807_170433.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_20200807_170606.jpg
    IMG_20200807_170606.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_20200807_170558.jpg
    IMG_20200807_170558.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_20200807_165116.jpg
    IMG_20200807_165116.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_20200807_165229.jpg
    IMG_20200807_165229.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Still available, there is no longer a loud speaker buzz, it was a loose earth in the plug, found it by accident when I needed a fuse desperately :rofl:

Still available, there is no longer a loud speaker buzz, it was a loose earth in the plug, found it by accident when I needed a fuse desperately :rofl:

I think I said check the grounds and earth back to the plug did I not! :)

Lmao. Only on here could someone be calling out Marilyn Monroe as 'not particularly good'.
Couldn't agree more with that sentiment!

Beauty may well be in the eye of the beholder, but some people obviously need to go to the opticians... :eek:

Nope, I was talking about Monroe :). Sorry if it offends your sensibilities. I'm not saying she was ugly or anything, of course she wasn't, but I never understoof what all the fuss was about. I certainly have never looked at her and seen her as anything close to the most attractive woman I've ever seen. I've had the conversation quite a few times over the years when sh'es cropped up in conversation, and met plenty that share my opinion. :)

It's a funny conversation for a pinball forum (!) , but I've always thought that her appeal was more about the context. At that time no woman had ever been so overtly and unabashedly sexual, what she may have lacked in 'natural' beauty (arguably) she more than made up for in hyper confidence. Her attraction went beyond looks.

Anyway its all beside the point because I'm on team Rita Hayworth.

Anyway back to pinball, wasn’t there a great in depth review on Taxi by one of us? Maybe that needs linking to show folks what kind of game Taxi is?

For what I paid for a rough'ish Taxi this isn't too bad, or maybe I overpaid!! :p

It's a brilliant game and in the top 3 Sys 11s in my opinion, although the rules are basic by today's standards it fits in well with modern games for that reason. Cashing in the jackpot is a good buzz, and I haven't got close to dropping the passengers off in order, so still something to aspire to.

"Quick, to the airport!!"

No need to hijack this thread, there is specific forums for that sort of stuff.

Please respect that I'm selling my machine and genuine interested people just message me. It's not a price war forum.

taxi comes across as a silly game but its very challenging. Excellent music and call outs. My favorite system 11

No need to hijack this thread, there is specific forums for that sort of stuff.

Please respect that I'm selling my machine and genuine interested people just message me. It's not a price war forum.

As youve only been a member for a few months and some of us on here a lot lot longer you’ll find this is called friendly banter If it starts to get really personal then one of the mods on here I’m sure will step in. Live with it😊

Back
Top Bottom