What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Tatio Space invaders II Colour

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
I may well move "shop logs" out of the pinball section because there's so many types of shop logs that can be done and are of interest to those here...

Annyhhoww!!

I picked up a cocktail cab from a Pub in bristol.... "The Packhorse".. back in May 2019.... Cant remember the price, however wasnt expensive. Not working. No Legs... Quite a crappy state really. Not sure where it was hiding before i got there, however i got the distinct impression that it was left outside in the beer garden and used as a table....

Anyhow, went with my dad for lifting support... (i wanted to use his Honda Jazz really), and picked it up... I have to say, is an awesome pub, steeped in a lot of history!

When i got it back, this is what i found (didnt want to pop it open when there as it was raining.....)

IMG_0640.jpg
IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg
IMG_0644.jpg
IMG_0647.jpg
IMG_0651.jpg
IMG_0652.jpg
IMG_0653.jpg
IMG_0654.jpg

Laminate in a crappy condition... Yes, no legs, didnt boot.... all as expected....

So this week i have started work on it... nearly 2 years later (only as the weather is shocking and i cant do anything outside without getting soaked!)....

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg
IMG_5253.jpg
IMG_5254.jpg

It hadnt been switched on for that period... and figured that even after this amout of time, i wanted to get the screen out without touching anything... I had a 25KV shock off the back of a colour TV 35 years ago... and didnt fancy my heart getting a jumpstart again!

So - I disconnected the chassis from the cab, unscrewed the rails holding the frame, and lifted the entire thing (riskilly!) onto my workbench!.....

IMG_5259.jpg
IMG_5263.jpg

Leaving me with a fairly empty cab....

IMG_5260.jpg
IMG_5261.jpg

I think that fan is a little knackered......!!

IMG_5271.jpg

Had to drill the cashbox as no key.... and found the original box with a coin counter inside!

IMG_5264.jpg
IMG_5265.jpg

End of the cab is also looking a little mouse-attacked....

IMG_5267.jpg

I managed to locate a set of the top half of the legs in the USA, which i shipped over.... and managed to find a set of the botton half just outside Dublin, which hopefully @magic is in the process of picking up for me, so i can ship over and then get powder coated/polished (i know they arent good, however it's amazing what you can do with a polishing Mop nowadays!)....

Currently at the moment trying to work out how to get the metal base off, which will need to be stripped before either blasting and powdercoating or alternatively getting back to bare metal and hammeriting !

More to follow as i work my way through!

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom