What's new

TAF reset

Lee ellison

Lee9168
While giving my TAF a good run through this morning , the machine suddenly resets while I,m heading for a high score! :(, it is the first time it has done this , the machine was probably running for 1hr when this happened ! Is this the start of some low voltage problems ,? If so where do I check fist , also if there is a problem , am I going to do any more damage to any components etc, by carrying on playing the game until I get it sorted , from electronics noob :hmm:, cheers lee

Hi,

The first thing you will need to do is measure the voltage of the +5v line on the CPU board to determine if it is low. Do you have a meter?

There are plenty of other things that can cause a reset, but its a simple thing to start with

Kind regrds

Luke

I would have said reseat all the cables in the back box 3+ times.... that can clear the issue of a dodgy connection... which can cause this... Or as Luke says above :)

I think the key one was the one that goes from the Driver board to the CPU if memory serves (probably not!!)

I thought the connectors only have a finite number of reseating/moving/connecting cycles?

Ie once it's gammy, best replace.

From experience and feeling like an **** because I didn't take the advice at the time, I would recommend replacing the connector.

The connector and the board look brand new ! I've. Reseated a couple of connectors coming off this loom , that did not seem seated properly , hopefully this will do the trick . I,m going to be putting it back together shortly so I can test it , thanks everyone

Funny enough,I had a reset on my TAF the other week.
reseating the main power connector on cpu board,has fixed it and been fine after many plays since,I prob caught it whilst in backbox for sumamt else

Back
Top Bottom