What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T2 Playfield Question

Ant-H

Site Supporter
Hi

I’ve finally started my T2 restoration this weekend and when looking over the playfield before the strip down and removal, I noticed a couple of bits which I’m not 100% sure should be there.

Just under the flippers there seems to be 2 extra wire ball guides. My new playfield doesn’t seem to have any pre-drilled holes for these, and I couldn’t see any on photos of other T2 playfields online.

Have these been added on and if so for what purpose?

There are also 2 small holes just under the tip of each flipper, which have a small pin inserted in them. Now these are on the new playfield, however could someone please let me know what the pins are for?

Cheers
Ant

Attachments

• 26E41C0B-6C54-435A-ADB5-3EF090D08C48.jpeg
    26E41C0B-6C54-435A-ADB5-3EF090D08C48.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 51
Thanks Chris. I thought those extra ball guides didn’t look right.

So you recommend not to put the pins in the new playfield either?

This is my first playfield swap and damaging the new playfield is something I really don’t want to do 😂

Thanks for the advice.

They’re to stop you slamming the ball back into play when it drains

Looking at the op's picture, I wonder if the anti-return wires have been added at some point - they're not at equal height, and as I recall factory fitments had them as low as possible.

Besides which, Terminator 2 has a mini-post between the flippers, and as I found out long ago with my Space Invaders, having both isn't usual (my Invaders had had a post added and the rails removed; finding some rails to fit in the holes showed that a ball couldn't drain between the mini-post and the rails). Earthshaker seems to have undergone the same treatment during the design stage, as the playfield has points marked for rails, which aren't drilled out.

I’ve since removed the anti-return wires, and you can clearly see that they were added at some point.

They don’t match in size and the even the angles of the holes that were drilled in the playfield are completely off.

Back
Top Bottom