What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

System 6 Driver 6821 PIA Issues

Rav

Registered
Alias
Rav
Hey Guys, after days of trying to work this out, I gotta see if anyone has fresh ideas...

I have PCB Set 1 and PCB Set 2, both System 6 right? Im using Leons test Rom so we're pulsing high low every second...

I know Set 1 is OK, and know that the driver pcb from set 2 will happily high/low pulse on the 6821s so everything slooking good...

Now plug either driver board into set 2's MPU pins 2-17 of both IC5 and IC10 6821 PIAs show either high or low but not pulse or activity - the data lines are happily H/L Pulsing!

Its not the 6821s or indeed therefore a driver pcb issue...

testing the pins on the connector of the MPUs from 1-40 Im getting the same activity on the probe so it LOOKs like both pcbs are outputting the correct signals on the connectors (all replaced btw!)

So, I cant see what the issue is - maybe a timing on these pins? Its doing my nut in and every day the Slam looms closer!

I guess i need to repat the excercise of reading the pins 1-40 when the drivers are connected on both pcbs next? Or does someone know what makes the 6821 pins 2-17 toggle and pulse?

Thanks in advance I'm completely lost!

R!

Thanks for the tip - not half an hour ago I manged to solve it. Turned out that the 02 signal on pin 9 was also touching pint 10 on the 40 way connector which was corrupting D0 data line - took AGES to find but ended up checking pretty much every address bus trace and data line but got there in the end! PHEW!

Good work soldier
wink-1.png

Back
Top Bottom