What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

System 11 - One flasher circuit has failed multiple times

David_Vi

Site Supporter
Alias
DaveTheTrain
Over a year ago the left ramp flashers on Diner stopped working. There's 3 flashers on this circuit, two on the playfield and one in the backbox.

I replaced the driver transistor and all was good. A few weeks/months later I could smell something and noticed those flashers were stuck on.

I found the cement resistor on the interconnect board was burnt out and also the tip122 transistor.

I replaced both and also switched the flashers to LEDs,the game worked fine, went to Pinfest then on loan for a few months. All good till yesterday.

Yesterday I turned Diner on, for the first time in a few weeks in preparation for the comp on Saturday.

I noticed the left ramp flashers weren't working. Well, one was working but extremely dim (I imagine it was played when we had friends over and the flashers went unnoticed)
I found all 3 led flashers had melted

IMG-20240423-WA0059.jpg

I thought maybe they had stuck on again, but upon putting incandescents in they worked fine.

Why would 3 flashers melt but the flasher circuit is working as normal, no blown driver transistor.

I've had 3 issues with the same flasher circuit in just over a year, so something must be amiss?

Could someone explain how flashers work in sys11s? I understand the later games on a basic level but not the sys11 interconnect board.

Measure the voltage at the flashers, should be 25V from aux board. If that is 50V for whatever reason you could see the issues you have.

Back
Top Bottom