What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted System 11 coin door wanted

Ady Pope

Registered
Hi all, I now starting a renovation of a Bad Cats Pinball (stop the sniggering) !:) . Big family favourite so I wanted to ask if anyone has a coin door they would sell as it currently has a smashed up door which looks more like the plain Bally door and later coinmec?

Any assistance gratefully received

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but I did pay for it as it was too generous gift. I am looking to get the machine restored and keep the last owner informed of progress. A nice coin door which I believe would be the 3 slot door. The game is quite worn and in need of a fair bit of work.

Good for you !

Plenty of members of the system 11 appreciation society on here.

Even if the door you find looks terrible, they come up really well with black hammerite spray paint.

The doors been kicked in, I have a plain bally door which came off a party animal but (sounding OCD) I would love the 3 slot so it matched my WW and BK2K:)

I have some NOS multi slot (2 and 3 from memory) system 11 coin doors. Just the metal and possibly surround and bezel.

If interested seriously then I'll dig them out

Last edited:
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170707_e5e4d62bda367147fd92e1895c0226de.jpg
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170707_d9192eb5c28ef84ba6d4703c324774a9.jpg

I need a complete door as I believe that at some point the original door taken and replaced, the slam switch is missing etc.. I think this was done when the machine went into a firm for repair!!!!! The joy of pinball ownership

They look brilliant, yes I am going to make a couple of calls tonight but a long shot. I have found some complete stateside if all else fails!

Just an update, the current door is dated 1994, and next to the volume pot there is a small board which is the same as my roadshow. I guess the machine was converted over to the later coin door so it used a sentinel coin mech.

Hello, Ady,

"System 11 coin door" isn't necessarily accurate - there were three different types used over the years. Williams were starting to use Sentinel/C220 ('ECA') coin doors with the later System 11 games; the first u.k. spec. game I remember with them was Riverboat Gambler, but I think other territories (particularly France) had them earlier*. The older type cash box and its attachment returned, as the 'all plastic' one found in mid-era Sys 11 games wasn't suitable. The Bad Cats which I unpacked had a specially-punched metal lid for the cashbox - the centre slot was much larger than normal, even though it had the 3-slot S.10 door which was standard for the u.k.

Re. the alterations to your game; is the extra circuit board really as used in Roadshow?. I can see that causing difficulties with coin inputs. The Wpc system has four separate coin inputs, while System 11 has three. Referring back to R/boat Gambler, the extra circuit board was on the door, and supplied power to the acceptor with control of three coin channels (the factory-fitted acceptor wasn't even programmed for the 20 pence coin, which wasn't on the coin entry label).

* conversely, some territories stayed with 2 or 3-slot doors into the Wpc era. Apart from the Yankees themselves, Germany and Holland held out for a while.

Last edited:
So this may be original?

The wiring doesn't look tidy enough for that, besides the '94 date label. You were probably right in post #7 above, this door could've been fitted in an attempt to update the machine. The giveaway seems to be the additional 'interface' circuit board; all Wpc games have the board fitted in the cabinet, next to the tilt pendulum. It's fitted out differently for different types of door, but it's always there. System 11 games simply have a wiring block connector for the door - mechanical acceptor doors don't need any extra circuit board, while electronic acceptor ones have the extra circuit board attached to the bracket for the diagnostic switches. I just meant that some of the B/Cats production could've been fitted with this type of door.

That makes sense as the switch actuator on the door is at the bottom and the switch is at the top.

D'you know, I hadn't even noticed the flange for operating the door closed/power interlock switches! Though there is another difference with the switch on Sys 11. The type shown in #8, which are what a u.k. spec B/Cats would've used, had the refinement of a mounting for the switch in the top left corner of the frame. The earlier type(s) used the bracket which seems to have been added to your machine.

Back
Top Bottom