What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Swords of Fury (Williams 1988)

Fubar

Site Supporter
Alias
Thomas
Time for a change in my tiny pin room, so up for sale is this nice SOF professionally refurbished in 2019 by TNT.

I've really enjoyed this pin - great layout, great music, and the rules are "good enough". (Although it would be nice to be able to increase the jackpot during play.)

Not caused me too much trouble during my few months' ownership. Fitted a new kickback plunger since the tip of the existing one was wrecked. Replaced a broken metal post to the right of the middle ramp entrance. Fixed occasional unwanted trough eject as described in the other thread. There is still this music issue noted below.

Good
  • Everything original, except MPU board. Ramps are good, the top one has a repair which seems to have been well done (see pic).
  • Incandescent lights which suits the game imho (although some inserts could use LED - see below).
  • Cab's lovely inside and out.
  • Very little to no wear in both left lanes where the ball falls (from upper playfield and in ball lock).
  • Plays great, everything works. Pretty clean inside.
  • Brand new balls and flipper rubbers included in the sale.
Bad
  • Some minor playfield wear around the flippers/slings area (see pics). Been touched up but there are ball swirls as you'd expect on this era of games.
  • Same area, the magic value inserts have started bubbling (see pics). These can be pushed back down but I think a better solution would be to convert these to LED.
  • Sometimes (can happen zero to a few times in a session) the music stops playing, I believe this is a bug in the MPU board which is a rottendog aftermarket replacement. When this happens the music will restart after a ball is locked, or drains.
  • Small decal tear in the corner of the lower horseshoe's right spinner.
Price is £2200, payment by bank transfer.

Buyer to arrange collection from Histon (Cambridge).

Any questions, comments, more pics, etc. please let me know in this thread or via PM.

IMG_3841.JPG
IMG_3848.JPG

IMG_3845.JPG

IMG_3850.JPG
IMG_3849.JPG

IMG_3851.JPG
IMG_3846.JPG

IMG_3847.JPG

IMG_3842.JPG
IMG_3859.JPG

IMG_3860.JPG
IMG_3858.JPG

IMG_3854.JPG
IMG_3852.JPG

Incredible soundtrack, beautiful artwork, really fun upper playfield, and getting the jackpot really feels like an achievement in this game.
Love it!
I played this machine a few weeks ago and it was a blast👍🏼
GLWS dude 😎

The TNT videos look great. Someone at some point must have paid a fair amount of money for that game.

Why not get in touch with Todd at TNT to confirm, if it definitely is one of his - that must help the selling potential of the game. Had I not picked up my space station this weekend, I would have been very tempted

Back
Top Bottom