What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swinks - Reproduction Parts using professional 3D printing

swinks

Site Supporter
Alias
Swinks
Over the last 7 years I have been reverse engineering some parts mostly for EM's and SS to help people get out of a jam.

The parts are all professional 3d printed so are solid nylon plastic where the nylon powder is bound together with a laser and the parts are extremely stable, strong and functional.

These can be found at Shapeways.

Todays released part is the Molex 03-06-2242 which up to today was obsolete but now available.

I hope you find it interesting and somethings might actually help you restore your game or keep your game running.

Attachments

• Molex 1.jpg
    Molex 1.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Molex 2.jpg
    Molex 2.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
A US guy recently restored his Meteor and scrapped all the incorrect hooded targets and took it back to Tombstones Drop Targets and currently played 75 games with no bricking and playing well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 7.22.36 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 7.22.36 am.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 7.20.57 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 7.20.57 am.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Drop Targets - Meteor.jpg
    Drop Targets - Meteor.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Drop Targets.jpg
    Drop Targets.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Nice work Jady!

I was hoping it might be the obsolete 03-09-1091 and 03-09-2091 9 pin transformer connectors :)

Looks fantastic, does the 3D printed parts stand up to the abuse the original machined/injection moulded parts would?

Looks fantastic, does the 3D printed parts stand up to the abuse the original machined/injection moulded parts would?
professional parts handle very well and while I have a home 3D printer I only use it for proof of design / concept and not to make and sell parts. Home printed parts are hollow, layered to the point where there is a weakness and subject to deforming from heat. Professional printed parts are strong, solid nylon and the drops have copped 75 games and going well, The goldeneye satellite dish have been used for years and the classic stern pop bumper rings are performing well.

the Molex 03-09-1091 & 03-09-2091 are available

I use to use the 9 pin square molex's all the time, have a few that I can model off when they are obsolete

I do the repro parts at a loss with massive hours, test prints and get often 0 to a couple of sales and just to help pinheads, wonder why I do it sometimes

please delete my thread

So i seem to remember this whole debarcle last year..... here we are AGAIN!!

I masively appreciate that you do a lot of stuff to support, and your work is high class, however others do the same and dont have an issue with contributing to keep this place alive.

Server bill to be paid in the next few weeks... doesnt come free.

What makes you an exception??

So i seem to remember this whole debarcle last year..... here we are AGAIN!!

I masively appreciate that you do a lot of stuff to support, and your work is high class, however others do the same and dont have an issue with contributing to keep this place alive.

Server bill to be paid in the next few weeks... doesnt come free.

What makes you an exception??
last year was a mistake on my behalf but your aggro approach didn't help things

this year just trying to help the community out but have a few life challenges.

please delete this thread and delete my account

the people that care and need something know where to find me

all the best

last year was a mistake on my behalf but your aggro approach didn't help things

this year just trying to help the community out but have a few life challenges.

please delete this thread and delete my account

the people that care and need something know where to find me

all the best

Let me make an example here.

@myPinballs does Absolutely awesome work.
I may have dared to question a while ago one of his designs, however I have nothing but respect for the work Jim does and how he supports the community.
He is a site supporter.

You are no different (from a forum perspective).
You create awesome designs and support the community. I have nothing but respect for the work you do and the support you give.

Everyone has their own area of expertise. People cant be an expert in them all.

If you have life challenges i completely get it - I have my own outside of here - however from my perspective when i saw this (and knowing another admin messaged you earlier, which was ignored), it's history repeating itself again.

Back
Top Bottom