What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Swep1 conversion kit what do I need

scottydoesntknow

Site Supporter
Getting an rfm was wondering if anyone knows or has a swep1 conversion for sale plus what I would need to do the conversion ? And is it easy to keep swapping over? Thanks in advance Scott

Easiest way would be to have the replacement playfield and a full computer to swap straight over. Or you could go the pinbox route which I think let's you choose the game meaning you only need 1 computer

You would need at the very least 2 prism cards (each with different roms) to swap in an original computer, but that is risky. Or you could get one of my new computer setups for use with LCD and run pinbox on it which will auto detect which playfield is installed.

You would need at the very least 2 prism cards (each with different roms) to swap in an original computer, but that is risky. Or you could get one of my new computer setups for use with LCD and run pinbox on it which will auto detect which playfield is installed.
All sorted I picked up rfm today, it plays real nice, just ordered jims setup plus an LED TV, just need to find an swep1 playfield now!

I think Gary Flower has the complete kit NOS. However I would be frightened to ask him how much it was - probably more than a complete SWEP1 game!

PS My SWEP1 will be at Revival if folks fancy some "shoot up the middle and enjoy the effects" pinball action

i like the auto detect jim thats well trick

Comes as standard with pinbox. What's the legalitys of that software now, as its essentially stolen nucore code?

I think Gary Flower has the complete kit NOS. However I would be frightened to ask him how much it was - probably more than a complete SWEP1 game!
Yeah I am finding that out might be cheaper to just buy a swep1 machine that I have been offered for £1500! As the kits are all around that price that I have seen, atleast I could maybe make one real nice machine then sell some spares!

Yeah loving it at the moment, real fun game wish I had got one sooner!

I still enjoy mine and don't find it just a shot up the middle game at all. Playing for Martian champion for example is one of my fav things to do. Also the new computer and lcd will really make it sing! And there's my rgb integrated saucer system to :)

Don't give up on finding a swep1 playfield just yet, they do come up and should be a lot less than £1500! I will keep my eyes out for you to

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom