What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swavesey 2021 - Date Announced

It’s a real shame if it can’t go ahead but not much anyone can do about it. I suspect we’re going to see a slew of July / august events getting pulled 😢

Ironically I’d guess due to demographics pinball events are extremely likely to have most if not all attendees double jabbed. I wonder if we are about to see a grey revolution with pensioners refusing to stay in whilst expecting younger people to.

Hi All,

Just a heads up, if the government decide to extend the lockdown restrictions and it impacts the Swavesey weekend I’m afraid that we will be forced to cancel the event. With only 6 from two households allowed indoors, table service and the other measures it’s going to make things impractical. So for those that have hotel and van booking it would be a good move to watch the news over the next few days.

Sorry to be gloomy but forewarned is forearmed :confused:

Rule of Six is actually six people from six households... The two household rules relates to groups bigger then six

If the pub has tables inside there is nothing stopping you assigning 6 people per table and then players getting up to play as and when

Have been thinking about what to do if restrictions aren't lifted.

It's clear that there can't be an advertised/organised event as that could lead the landlord to being fined, but as we're allowed to travel and stay in hotels and B&Bs , plus enter pubs there would be no laws broken if, by coincidence, people turned up at the same pub and chatted?

Let's face it Swavesey has always been about meeting up, drinking and chatting rather than any competition.

Sorry all I understand your frustration but following the government announcement on the 14th of June extending the current lockdown it is with a heavy heart that I have to cancel the event for another year.

The decision has not been taken lightly, I’ve been in consultation with the Landlord of The White Horse and he cannot allow the event to proceed due to the restrictions (https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/coronavirus-lockdown-rules-four-nations-uk) Sadly as the pub tenants have handed back their lease and will be leaving later this summer there is no opportunity to rebook the event this year either as we are running the Swavesey Cider and Gin Festival in late July (although that’s in danger of cancellation now too).

It’s a sad state of affairs but I’d like to thank you all for your encouragement and support, if anyone feels up to throwing a couple of quid into the charity bucket by clicking here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/swaveseypinball as I have understood it MIND want the money this way and have worked out some financial arrangement with Just Giving that does not disadvantage them.

Stay safe, we’ll try again next year, third times the charm.........

Back
Top Bottom