What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super mario

Phil

Registered
Hi

The backglass on my Super Mario got smashed, the backboard hook let go and it tipped forward, crashing into the playfield and smashing just the backglass fortunately. Now this machine is an Arcade Warehouse special... and the backglass was literally just glass... not even safety glass... with a vinyl sheet for the graphics taped to it.

I was wondering how this backglass should be constructed, is there supposed to be a separate graphics sheet or should there be some sort of printed backglass.

I am also wondering if anyone has had dealings with this ebay seller and can comment on the quality on their decals, i am toying with the ideal of restoring it and they have listed case graphics here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152045542362?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

cheers for looking.
Phil

I'm pretty sure that Super Mario Bros uses a translite rather than a screened backglass so you should just need to get a new sheet of glass and your good :thumbs:

OK thanks, thats a bit of a relief really, I have the translite and it appears undamaged . Is backbox glass a standard thickness, width and height, i don't have anything to compare it against and there seems to be little info available for my machine.

Back
Top Bottom