What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Hoop by Bitronic.... Played it..... Liked it.

Its a good game I played it at Expo a good few years ago but it wasn't quite finished. Going to be at Pinfest, then gonzo is doing a video then uk open.

Its a good game I played it at Expo a good few years ago but it wasn't quite finished. Going to be at Pinfest, then gonzo is doing a video then uk open.
Are they working on a new game to follow it? They have proved they can build and ship a game be nice to see what’s next or a teaser.

How times have changed when we all think £5k NIB is great value……..
Yes. Agree. But the reality in 2022 it is. It is not half a stern in machine. Some things are higher spec'ed like more RGB LEDs. I still think no sub is a bad idea. But the backbox speakers are JVC and not the rubbish stern fit in an £8K machine. Mine will get fitted with a sub immediately. Have my router patterns already made for an 8 inch, along with an amplifier. You also get a proper transformer which means GREAT FLIPPERS.
The cab construction is also not as good as other makes, but it is not going to shake apart.
Better spec'ed and cheaper than a Stern home pin.

The final polish is good.
Put it like this, the last game I played and instantly said 'I want it' was Aerosmith (how many years ago was that.....?'
I know most of the group will disagree but most new games are never as good as what you imagine them to be.
Was let down with newer games. My taste seems to be going back to the early to mid 90s games.
I do not want deep rulesets. I can hear the vigilante groups forming outside.... I am not a great player - not even a good player.
I just want to play pinball and have FUN, enjoy a laugh with some friends.

Is it definitely possible to change the callouts? What system does it use? Cos the included callouts are so bad they're a deal breaker for me, I couldn't own it as it stands.

Is it definitely possible to change the callouts? What system does it use? Cos the included callouts are so bad they're a deal breaker for me, I couldn't own it as it stands.
Agreed, I could look past it, but my wife and daughter said no straight away. I'm outnumbered :(

I'll give any new game a go but basketball + pinball isn't a great combo in my eyes . Spent 45 years avoiding player or buying Harlem Gobstoppers

NBAFB is a great game, one that will never leave my collection!

Plus only game Iv ever reached the wizard mode and completed lolol

Yeah @steve brum - but I bet it will take money.

On the replacing files I can not guarantee anything at this moment. Some have been ordered (I think Phil Palmer said 5 but not 100%) - I am having one.

When it is here, I will start exploring the files.

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 14.26.54.png

Plenty of stuff in NBA Bally eprom. Will sound great once put thru some audio restoration software.

Like I said - if I can do it, I will gladly share the info.

I am 90% sure I will be able to do it.

But please do not buy this game and have a go at me if I end up not being able to do it.

PF is covered by 3mm Plexiglass, good way to protecting the actual PF.
However....interesting to see if the acrylic will scratch bad enough to cause a cloudy/haze

PF is covered by 3mm Plexiglass, good way to protecting the actual PF.
However....interesting to see if the acrylic will scratch bad enough to cause a cloudy/haze

I doubt it, as hasn’t it been done before by an older company (I forget the company) and they have held up well.

However, for me, I would have to ask the question, why doesn’t Stern do this on their playfields? I assume there must be some drawbacks?

I doubt it, as hasn’t it been done before by an older company (I forget the company) and they have held up well.

However, for me, I would have to ask the question, why doesn’t Stern do this on their playfields? I assume there must be some drawbacks?
Maybe the feel and geometry of ball on plastic not the same as wood?

Clear coat is really a thin layer of plastic/epoxy whatever. The amount of laters on a modern stern/JJP nobody has played a 'ball on wood' pinball in at least 2 decades.

Hyperball is covered in perspex (in 2022 plastic tech is a lot better). Also Haggis playfields are covered in acrylic, it shows on a video tests they did on the acrylic to make sure it doesnt damage.

I am expecting it will of course, but it wont dimple - it wont crack paint around outholes like on Rush (made by a company with so many years experience).

Modern CC is pretty rubbish really, I think that is why they use so much. PERHAPS THIS IS THE WAY TO GO?

It would be great if the manufactuer will sell the plaster overplay on its own or @Colywobbles is going to have to get a bigger laser cutter with the laser off the Star Wars death star.

Yeah, pretty much the same as above. Love the artwork and the lights, but the gameplay was poor in my opinion. Shots don’t seem to work and it just doesn’t flow like it should.

It’s a real shame, as I think they are close to having a good game!

So guys. Mine is already ordered as I said.

Who played it and liked/disliked it. Interested to see feedback by others!
Played it a few times, and really enjoyed it, looks great, quite like the art package, and light show is cool. Thought shots were good and satisfying, the little hands and magnet at the basket shot were fun. As it was so loud in the hall, couldn’t here the call outs, that’s the only thing that concerns me, from watching gamepla vids online. But I’m seriously considering purchasing one

Agree the light show was striking, especially on the jagged plastics that line both borders of the playfield, would of liked to have heard the sound but that’s not gonna happen at PinFest. The T2 machine practically drowned out everything in the first half of the main hall at PinFest - possibly as two were paired up together from Sat onwards, lol!

Vaguely recall the ramps feeling quite nice to hit and the artwork was ok. Certainly nice to have the option of a new in box machine at 5k price point but can’t say I felt compelled in that festival setting to play it more than twice.

Sure others will have far more insightful things to offer.

Played it a few times, and really enjoyed it, looks great, quite like the art package, and light show is cool. Thought shots were good and satisfying, the little hands and magnet at the basket shot were fun. As it was so loud in the hall, couldn’t here the call outs, that’s the only thing that concerns me, from watching gameplay vids online. But I’m seriously considering purchasing one

Don’t mean to be negative on the pin, as I was really looking forward to playing it and wanted to like it so much, mainly due to the price point, but it was terribly boring, I noticed the back legs were down to the lowest possibility and yet the pitch of the game felt like way way over 10.0 🤪, it was as if it had the wrong legs on it.

It did look amazing though.

Itch

Had a few games:

Pros:
- Art - especially the translite, nice, bright, colourful
- Light show good
- Some shots pretty good
- Playfield won't dimple

Cons:

- Flippers felt weird, also a funny 'knock on wood type noise'
- Theme not for me

General:
Can't comment on the sound as it was turned down
Can't put my finger on it, plays way different to anything I've played

Don’t mean to be negative on the pin, as I was really looking forward to playing it and wanted to like it so much, mainly due to the price point, but it was terribly boring, I noticed the back legs were down to the lowest possibility and yet the pitch of the game felt like way way over 10.0 🤪, it was as if it had the wrong legs on it.

It did look amazing though.

Itch
Agree, it felt very steep.

When I tried it out the game flowed fine (this was at PH HQ) - did not seem steep. I wonder if it was set up properly.
Reminded me of old System 11 game feel. At the end of the day they are Bally/Williams flipper assemblies using 3 wire coils and EOS switches.
Not seen a manual (I did not bother going thru adjustments) - so dont really know what can be adjusted.

Back
Top Bottom