What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Hoop by Bitronic.... Played it..... Liked it.

When we walked up to the machine it had no rubber on the shooter rod. One of the NLP guys put a new one on for us but we could then see why the old one had broken off. Either the shooter rod housing was set too low in the cabinet or the playfield was too high meaning the rubber was touching the playfield, way below center of the ball. Was that machine a prototype or the finished article? Flippers were pretty poor, not quite Gottlieb poor ;) but poor all the same. It was also having trough switch issues requiring a shake to get the ball to register as drained.

It looked pretty but I didn't like the feel of it.
Flippers felt odd and the ball feeds seemed odd. The scoop kicks it out into a sling shot?
Didn't feel nice to shoot.

I played it a couple of time - the ball was a bit like god, it moved in mysterious ways. It felt somehow steep, but also floaty at the same time, can't really describe it. Also the plastic lockdown bar was a little unexpected (I didn't notice until someone told me).

Played this at pinfest and it’s surprisingly good. Fun shooter and the lightshows are great, loved the game changing colour to match the players colour, although we still managed to screw up who was who 😂

Could be the machine was just not level where it was on the floor, or possibly the playfield not sitting in it correctly.

I dont think it was an issue with a ball trough switch as when it got stuck if you looked back the balls were sat right up against the back of the trough and a gentle shake of the machine caused them to move forward/right and then then game realised the ball had drained.

And the playfield on sitting correctly could explain the shooter rod missalignment and the ball trough issue if it was sitting higher on the right hand side.

The power switch is in a bit of bad spot as well being on the back of the backbox, wouldnt be easy to get it to if it was in a row, would need to be either on the right hand end of a row or have a decent space between it and the next machine to be able to get to it. Luckily there wasy plenty of space between it and AIQ to get to it at the show.

Just seen this on pinside, hope this doesn't set them back too much☹️
It's great to see a company selling what looks like a decent pin at a fair price. I'm fully paid up on one and looking forward to receiving it (probably shouldn't admit it but I even quite like the cheesy call outs😁)

rolorolorolo

Just seen this on pinside, hope this doesn't set them back too much☹️
It's great to see a company selling what looks like a decent pin at a fair price. I'm fully paid up on one and looking forward to receiving it (probably shouldn't admit it but I even quite like the cheesy call outs😁)

rolorolorolo
Yes - someone forwarded it to me. They had not told Phil Palmer as I texted him with the news.
Think he will contact them tomorrow. Apparantly it happened in August!
I too am paid up, and look forward to putting in new call outs :) - if I can not - it doesnt bother me as pinball is cheesy.

Yes - someone forwarded it to me. They had not told Phil Palmer as I texted him with the news.
Think he will contact them tomorrow. Apparantly it happened in August!
I too am paid up, and look forward to putting in new call outs :) - if I can not - it doesnt bother me as pinball is cheesy.
Quite right....a bit of Cheddar and Edam in a game can be fun 🙂 but I do look forward to seeing if you are able to make it possible to change the call outs...that could be very interesting👍
It may be a blessing in disguise if there is a bit of a delay in us getting our machines as looking at this post on pinside from a user called 'AMSNL' who got his about 4 months ago, there may have been a few quality control issues on the first batch which hopefully they will have ironed out before ours arrive. (See link to pinside thread below)

It looks like a nice machine and at a nice price so I'm rooting for these guy to get these niggles sorted 👍

rolorolorolo

Last edited:
Anyone heard any updates regarding delivery of this game?? Originally I had heard late October/early November but I'm guessing the factory fire may have delayed that.

rolorolorolo

I'm hoping my game may land this month.🤞 Anyone have any info as to how production is going and when we may see these in the UK??

the two I had (sold one. Kept one) from EAG are recent builds.
Do not think you will have a long wait now. They seem to be manufacturing plenty of machines across the coin op industry.

Just to mention - I changed the plunger on the game I am keeping.
Use either a stern or williams housing. But with the shorter stern launch rod.
No problem now.
I also enlarged the holds where the plunger sits on the metal plate inside the cab. I moved the plunger up and over slightly. Done the trick.
Fitting a sub woofer over the next few days as well. Speakers in backbox are nice (JVC) and full range - better than Stern rubbish!
The 12v amp is in backbox, I am also upgrading that too as it is only stereo, and I need 2.1

Last edited:
Anyone hear anymore about this game??
Myself and James @MajesticPinball popped along to the Pinball Office last weekend (awesome place by the way for those that haven't visited) and got a chance to play a couple of games on this machine. Seemed to shoot quiet nicely and has made me look forward to mine arriving again but it's all gone a bit quiet.

Anyone hear anymore about this game??
Myself and James @MajesticPinball popped along to the Pinball Office last weekend (awesome place by the way for those that haven't visited) and got a chance to play a couple of games on this machine. Seemed to shoot quiet nicely and has made me look forward to mine arriving again but it's all gone a bit quiet.

I still need to talk to them about software upgrade.

6 balls in the game, most it uses is 3.

I still need to talk to them about software upgrade.

6 balls in the game, most it uses is 3.
Really😯 how mad is that!!! Must be something big coming soon in software I guess!!
Hope mine ships soon, I've got a long wait for Scooby Doo and I need something to fill the time😁

Yeah @steve brum - but I bet it will take money.

On the replacing files I can not guarantee anything at this moment. Some have been ordered (I think Phil Palmer said 5 but not 100%) - I am having one.

When it is here, I will start exploring the files.

What boards are they running? Pretty sure that captain nemo was a proc game.

Own boardset - pretty good to be fair. The coils driven by proper thru hole mosfets that you can change easy if needed.
Have any luck messing around with the Audio files etc. ?
Wondering if this game would be amazing for a retheme considering the spec's but of course falls apart if cannot change Video and Audio Assets...

Back
Top Bottom