What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Hoop by Bitronic.... Played it..... Liked it.

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
Went for the montly Pinball Heaven moan about the world partial staff meeting and got to play one of these.....

You know what, for the money it is very good. Bally/Willams assemblies, decent coin door. Linux OS with an ATX power supply and normal motherboard in the backbox (easy to replace) - and a MASSIVE torridal transformer for the coils. Most games that use switch mode power supplies these days have flippers that do not feel right to me.
Not sure of the UK price but it is going to be a hell of a lot cheaper than a Stern pro.

Great lighting to be fair. Some of the call outs are not that good but as its linux it is hackable :)

Really enjoyed it. Playable game, yes quite simple I know. Do not think its a JJP or modern stern ruleset. Probably like a WPC/WPC95 game. Reminds me of a System 11 game to be fair. Looks like cheaper than homepin from what I gather.

Includes addressable speaker lights, addressable lights on backglass either side and mirror blades.

IMG_4493.jpgIMG_4494.jpgIMG_4495.jpg

If they retail for 4-5k, could be tempted
No way it will be 4K with todays prices on raw materials and components the BOM alone must be like 3k does not leave much margin for overheads / profit.

I’ll eat my hat if it’s 4k :D

Would be nice though.

Its coming to the UK Open!
Great - have a go.

It is cheaper than what Thunderbirds was (at full retail) plus better built and plays nice.

Do not think it is one for your collection (I could be wrong), seems to cater for rubbish players like me. :)

I forgot to say earlier there is no cabinet sub speaker. This is easily rectified - if I had one - I would have to add one.

I wonder if @philpalmer still gets that NIB tingle when he opens one?! 🤔 🤣
No - like me he kinda dislikes pinball ! :) :) :)

He also sees £500 coming off the price when the box opens.

I think it looks really cool. I love the art style and the lights are different Than the usual.

Is there one coming to Pinfest at all?

Great - have a go.

It is cheaper than what Thunderbirds was (at full retail) plus better built and plays nice.

Do not think it is one for your collection (I could be wrong), seems to cater for rubbish players like me. :)

I forgot to say earlier there is no cabinet sub speaker. This is easily rectified - if I had one - I would have to add one.

No - like me he kinda dislikes pinball ! :) :) :)

He also sees £500 coming off the price when the box opens.
Happy to visit and help unbox to ease the Stern price increase? That would work wouldn't it?

Watched the video again, is quite cool looking games, the callouts would need to be swapped out and needs more audio effects playing as you hit various targets and switches as its just background music which gets a bit boring. But that can all be fixed in software.

Watched the video again, is quite cool looking games, the callouts would need to be swapped out and needs more audio effects playing as you hit various targets and switches as its just background music which gets a bit boring. But that can all be fixed in software.
Yeah - agree. Rip audio out of NBA fastbreak Bally Williams and stick that in. In fact I have those files as most visual pinball people do....

What no pop bumpers?....🤔
No but the top area is really interesting. I love No Fear, that has no pop bumpers.

Yeah - agree. Rip audio out of NBA fastbreak Bally Williams and stick that in. In fact I have those files as most visual pinball people do....

No but the top area is really interesting. I love No Fear, that has no pop bumpers.
Oh yes the NBAFB audio is fantastic!!! lift the announcer dude 100%

I’m waiting to play the one at pinfest, if I like it, I’ll put an order in
Quite right - try it yourself. I like it. Reminds me of older Bally/Williams early 90s but with nice modern LEDs.

UK PRICE - £5195 - would of been £5K but blame the pound against euro.

NOTE - THE YOUTUBE VIDEO ON PINBALL HEAVEN PAGE IS NOT OF THE COMPLETED GAME.

This is a good refernece of the insdes and is the completed game.

Last edited:
Quite right - try it yourself. I like it. Reminds me of older Bally/Williams early 90s but with nice modern LEDs.

UK PRICE - £5195 - would of been £5K but blame the pound against euro.

NOTE - THE YOUTUBE VIDEO ON PINBALL HEAVEN PAGE IS NOT OF THE COMPLETED GAME.

This is a good refernece of the insdes and is the completed game.

I have to say, I think it looks really nice! The lighting looks really cool.

How are the call outs etc. now? I cannot wait to play one!

I have to say, I think it looks really nice! The lighting looks really cool.

How are the call outs etc. now? I cannot wait to play one!
I was just going to ask about the call outs - they are a bit "urgh"

I wonder why it wasn’t called ‘Super Hoops’ 🤔Hoops is always short for basketball, and in my head I keep calling it Super Hoops.

Just watched the video again and it looks like it shoots really nice and smooth.

Back
Top Bottom