What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STTNG tips

JT.

Site Supporter
Picked up a STTNG yesterday and I think it's great - compared to my DW it's much faster and seems to have much more going on.

Anyone got any playing tips? Particularly, what's the easiest way to get the ball onto the lower right flipper to allow for hitting shots off to the left?

Had one, and loved it to bits when i first got it. I was obsessed with the warp factor shots on that game.

You can get an extended outlane kit from pinbits.com. Makes a good game great due to you not being raped every two seconds by the right outlane

Best tip? .... Enjoy the crap out of it. Still remember getting goosebumps aplenty the first time i fought the borg.......
biggrin-1.png

JT.' date=' post: 1677349 said:
Picked up a STTNG yesterday and I think it's great - compared to my DW it's much faster and seems to have much more going on.

Anyone got any playing tips? Particularly, what's the easiest way to get the ball onto the lower right flipper to allow for hitting shots off to the left?

Practice and practice the picard manouver

Always choose Warp Factor 4 from the skill shot when it is available. After you complete it choose Start Mission on the skill shot.

Yeah, warp factor 4, extra ball at 8 then Warp Nine mode.

Cycle your neutral zones, go for super spinner. Get all 4 artifacts before Final Frontier.

Otherwise practice, practice, practice, especially the Picard Manouver and the right orbit.

Use spinner for Shuttle Mission to get everyone in the shuttle with 2 shots.

Glad you're enjoying it...
smile-1.png

Lloyd

Also when ball feeds from the left, hold the left flipper up and it should transfer almost perfectlyto the right flipper for a left orbit. COuld be the new rubbers a bit sticky still if it isn't doing so yet?

Pooman2084' date=' post: 1677437 said:
Also when ball feeds from the left, hold the left flipper up and it should transfer almost perfectlyto the right flipper for a left orbit. Could be the new rubbers a bit sticky still if it isn't doing so yet?

Cheers for the tips Llloyd. Holding the left flipper doesn't quite deflect the ball far enough up the right flipper for a left orbit (that technique does work on my DW nicely though). Could be the flipper rubbers or maybe the playfield angle too. Might steepen the angle a bit to see if that sorts it.

carl lawrence' date=' post: 1677470 said:
picard manouver so whats that than????

Checkout teachp8's video link (second post in this thread). The guy demo'ing in that vid, who seems to be have the ability of some sort of pinball robot, describes it. :)

JT.' date=' post: 1677472 said:
Checkout teachp8's video link (second post in this thread). The guy demo'ing in that vid, who seems to be have the ability of some sort of pinball robot, describes it.
smile-1.png

thanks for that going to pratice that one now!!!

in the video mode, go LLRRLLRLLL every time

when the machine says 'holodeck three is ready' pull the trigger three times for a special bonus mode

have you found the poker game yet?

Back
Top Bottom