What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STTNG Enterprise Mod Location

Optimus Prime

Registered
EE41025D-ACF7-4CD7-96DC-352A48A9B3F3.jpeg BCD4D693-8969-4824-8AFD-1586057EBB36.jpeg C6FFEC4A-2594-4F3E-8F8A-D3C334F98E97.jpeg

Hi guys , does anyone have an enterprise mod in their sttng pin? If so where do you have it ? I stuck some SMDs into an enterprise I had I got off one of those weekly magazines.

I don’t want to block the Playfield through , so if I can’t find a good spot it won’t be going in or if it looks stupid. I was thinking of putting it over the left lane between the Klingon ship and neutral zone.

Also any recommendations about what light to hook it up to ? Something that’s always on but flashes sometimes I guess ?

what light did you hook that up to? it looks to cover a lot of the playfield up there. i was thinking of putting mine in the left side of your photo in to the left of the bird of prey and lock\jackpot sign

I have the same ship as you and made a bracket to attach it to the left side ofver the vuk(?). I felt that area seemed a bit sparse and wanted the ship out of the way of the playfield. How did you light it - is the bulb inside the nacelle or are you somehow getting edge glow? I considered doing this but couldn't see an easy way to prise it open.

Attachments

• IMG_6278.JPG
    IMG_6278.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 11
2FF204E9-F812-48CD-AC30-8D7C86F0FB51.jpeg 489B45CB-D6FD-4565-8F5B-33117430A6C8.jpeg 9A74C634-68B8-49A0-B8D7-921B90A0CC38.jpeg

Oh that looks cool. I wasn’t sure it wouldn’t hit the glass there.

I slide a blade between the blue in the nassel then used a flat head screw driver to pop open. It’s glued in a couple of places inside but pops open easy enough.

I then used small smds I had. These are tiny lights like a grain of sugar. I lightly painted the two on the front red and the back facing ones blue with glass paint. Used some blue tac to hold in place. Had to dremel down the red and blue plastic a bit to fit them in. Then glued back together. There was a bit of messing around to do it but I think it looks good.

Still not sure what light to connect them to.

Last edited:
Great work!! Can’t help you with the wire placement though I’m afraid. I’m still struggling to get my BOP to light up!

B2D030C9-B67B-4F8F-9820-8B14E8CEE7DA.jpeg

No worrys , i have these bulb holders that have connections for spades on the end. I’ve added spade connectors to the wires for the lights. So I can piggy back on any light under the playfield. I’m not sure which one to go with though. Something that’s on all the time and flashes sometimes, not sure what light does that though.

I have one and keep having to move it. Its possibly one ship too many I'm afraid. Keeps getting hit or blocking the view on a slot.

what light did you hook that up to? it looks to cover a lot of the playfield up there. i was thinking of putting mine in the left side of your photo in to the left of the bird of prey and lock\jackpot sign
Mine was a E-toy from China , which is smaller than the one you have !!
It may have blocked the lamp a little but not the shot for me , as I am a little tall ;)
Never got round to fit LEDs to it unfortunately .
There was /is a chap in the USA which make these mods and that is where he fits his ,so I just did the same:)

Back
Top Bottom