What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STTNG End Of Ball during game

Drew.m

Site Supporter
Alias
Drew
Hi there has anyone had this issue it tends to happen during multiball, i have replaced the led pcb in the trough and the receivers in the other pcb and the lm339's just in case. Its driving me crazy could it b the mpu pcb as it does seem to be more frequent after a few games have been played.

When you say in multiball how many balls are on play when the end of ball in play happens. Is it consistently 2 or 3 balls or both

your game is resetting, it happens in multiball because that's when the most coils are firing to drag the voltage down. it needs to have 5V for the CPU board logic to function but can survive above 4.8 or so i think, anything below that (or whatever the number is) gets detected and it reboots itself so it seems as if the game ended. easiest thing to check is just reseating some connectors. if you can, measure the voltage at the test point on the CPU board, i bet it's only 4.8 now, and that multiball (or sometimes just flipping both flippers together) drags it down another 0.02 or so.

also a mass of other options
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

your game is resetting, it happens in multiball because that's when the most coils are firing to drag the voltage down. it needs to have 5V for the CPU board logic to function but can survive above 4.8 or so i think, anything below that (or whatever the number is) gets detected and it reboots itself so it seems as if the game ended. easiest thing to check is just reseating some connectors. if you can, measure the voltage at the test point on the CPU board, i bet it's only 4.8 now, and that multiball (or sometimes just flipping both flippers together) drags it down another 0.02 or so.

also a mass of other options
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets
Thanks for the help Dan, the thing is it only ends the ball in play not the whole game which made me suspect the trough

Try this take one ball out of the game and see if it complains of a missing ball
I'm suspecting one of the Optos is stuck on under the playfield where the balls are stored for the cannons or the up kicker on the left so the machine thinks the trough has its correct number of balls and ends game when I'm fact one should be still in play. I had this sort of fault when I first got my one.

Last edited:
Try this take one ball out of the game and see if it complains of a missing ball
I'm suspecting one of the Optos is stuck on under the playfield where the balls are stored for the cannons or the up kicker on the left so the machine thinks the trough has its correct number of balls and ends game when I'm fact one should be still in play. I had this sort of fault when I first got my one.
Great I will give that a go and let you know the result, thanks for the advice it's much appreciated

Still has the intermittent fault does seem to be when its on for a while, i am going to go over all the molex connectors to see if any are loose

Have you removed all the balls put it in switch test then put the machine under stress. Flip the flippers manically, thump the playfield, raise and lower the playfield , disturb the loom. If there's anything flaky you should get some sort of response in the switch edge test. It may highlight a problem.

Have you removed all the balls put it in switch test then put the machine under stress. Flip the flippers manically, thump the playfield, raise and lower the playfield , disturb the loom. If there's anything flaky you should get some sort of response in the switch edge test. It may highlight a problem.
Not removed balls and tried so will give that a go next time i am home thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom