What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange RoadShow problem

Mfresh

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul
My RoadShow is usually very reliable, but every so often one or other of the coils seems to stop working, stops working in test mode too. Then after about a week it will be fine again. I had this with the city eject for a while, couldn't diagnose the fault, then it went away for about a year. Before that there was something else, I forget which. Now the trough and top jet have stopped working. I ran the solendoid test and it went through about 5 cycles of all the coils, and during one of the cycles the jet and trough coils did fire, but the rest of the time not.

I am pretty sure it is not an electrical connection to the coils, as that wouldn't explain why they fixed themselves in the past. What else could be loose that might explain this? I'm kind of hoping it will fix itself again, but I would like to get to the bottom of these seeminly temporary problems!

Iirc it’s loaded with mods @Mfresh

it might be worth ensuring everything is connected well, or unplugging a few if easy when the problem is manifesting.

Loose wires on the coils - driver wires or coil wires themselves. This was causing a problem on my transporter sling

Thanks guys. I have gone through all the connectors and ribbons and pushed them in and the machine is back fully working again! I don't know which one it was - but the monster shaker motor in this machine must cause havoc with the connections. Time to go to work....

Does roadshow have the auxiliary driver board on the right like TZ and JD???
I’d look for bad solder joints!

There is a small aux board on the right

Thanks guys. I have gone through all the connectors and ribbons and pushed them in and the machine is back fully working again! I don't know which one it was - but the monster shaker motor in this machine must cause havoc with the connections. Time to go to work....

There is a small aux board on the right
Let's fire thaat thiiing up.

Back
Top Bottom